User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    Supposed to be if it is septic safe it is rv safe.
    This ^^^. We've been using generic (mostly Walmart) septic safe toilet paper for 7 years full-time with nary a tissue issue (get it?). Toilet tissue has to break down in order to be labeled septic safe.

Rob

OK... here's a worse one: if you spend too much money on expensive toilet tissue, you just have affluent effluent.
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick Noble View Post
    Do not use TP. Get a potable bidet. Make your sensors work longer.
    Well..... It is next to the shower.

The tp breaks down a bit. Doesn't dissolve. I under stand the agitation thing but in an RV how my agitation do you really get? We got the Scotts brand RV tp.
    Upstate NY
    2022 Ford F150 with trailer tow package
    2022 Transcend Xplor 231rk
    2021 Shih Tzu Millie

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by docque View Post

The tp breaks down a bit. Doesn't dissolve. I under stand the agitation thing but in an RV how my agitation do you really get? We got the Scotts brand RV tp.
    A bit. Depending on how much water you have in your black tank. Every time you flush, it will agitate what is in the tank. This is one of the many reasons most of us start with 5-10 gallons of water in the tank after dumping. Then, just add more when you flush. My rule of thumb is 3-5 seconds, depending on number 1 or 2. [emoji16]
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonShadow_1911 View Post
    A bit. Depending on how much water you have in your black tank. Every time you flush, it will agitate what is in the tank. This is one of the many reasons most of us start with 5-10 gallons of water in the tank after dumping. Then, just add more when you flush. My rule of thumb is 3-5 seconds, depending on number 1 or 2. [emoji16]
    Well, medication, disease and water intake making gallons of liquid is my jam.

I think it is just be smart. Book says flush for 10 to 15 seconds. That's a bunch of liquid.
    Upstate NY
    2021 Shih Tzu Millie

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by docque View Post

You're overthinking and worrying too much about this. A lot of us old-timers/full-timers have used any brand of RV safe TP for years without any problems.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One important thing to remember is that water is your friend. Plenty of water in the tank goes a long way preventing the mound build up that clogs the discharge and keeping from from being able to dump.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    You're overthinking and worrying too much about this. A lot of us old-timers/full-timers have used any brand of RV safe TP for years without any problems.

Rob
    I know I am. Sorry. 30+ years of software development does that to a guy. Our first outing is coming so we will see. We need to just rip the bandage off. I really do not want this to be a bad experience for the Wife. This is what she has been working for all her life. She dreamed of this and when she retired she bought the camper. So, a lot on the line.
    Upstate NY
    2021 Shih Tzu Millie

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    We have been using costco TP in the trailer`. Search You Tube for RV tp tests, Charmin actually came out on top over rv TP.
    Most important is do not skimp on water. The black tank is one place conservation is not good.
    ^^^^ What Marcy said. Costco TP works great. I believe that we even buy it from the same Costco. We use it in the RV and at the house.

At the house and vacation cabin every toilet has a Bidet Seat. The master bathroom toilets have high end seats with heated seats, heated water, LED bowl lighting, night light, automatic seat raises when you walk in toilet room and lowers when you leave, deodorizer fan when sitting on seat, battery operated remote control and a built in blow dryer.

All other toilets have a basic but very capable $89 Brondell seat https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0815BNKLV. I have one of them in round format to install in the RV.

Toilet paper is used only to pat dry after using the bidet seat. 6 squares does the trick.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've been using our home TP for 10+ years. I have no idea if it's septic approved or not. No issues at all.
    Sometimes I wonder how much "RV rated" stuff is really just hype.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goducks14 View Post
    We've been using our home TP for 10+ years. I have no idea if it's septic approved or not. No issues at all.
    Sometimes I wonder how much "RV rated" stuff is really just hype.
    I think we are going to roll with what we got. As for the bidet, I will let my Wife deal with that crap. See what I did there? Thanks all.
    Upstate NY
    2021 Shih Tzu Millie

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast