User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seven days? If it doesn't dissolve in one or even two days don't use it.
    Harry C
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2610ML
    2015 F350
    Formerly: Jayco Pinnacle 36REQS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have to report on this. While on a recently completed 2 month trip went across the border to Palomas, Mexico. Visited the men's room at a restaurant while there. They had a sign imploring you not to put TP in the toilet as it would clog their system. Instead, they provided zip-lock bags and a covered basket for placement within. Applying this concept to RVing, TP would never see a black tank.
    2021 Reflection 31MB
    2022 Cougar Half Ton 29RLI
    2023 RAM Laramie 2500 Crew Cab CTD 4X4
    Demco Slider Hitch, MorRyde Pin Box

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by coastn View Post
    Have to report on this. While on a recently completed 2 month trip went across the border to Palomas, Mexico. Visited the men's room at a restaurant while there. They had a sign imploring you not to put TP in the toilet as it would clog their system. Instead, they provided zip-lock bags and a covered basket for placement within. Applying this concept to RVing, TP would never see a black tank.
    This is standard practice in most of Europe and all of Latin America (my wife has lived in most of these places). We spent this past February in Ecuador and I can confirm it's the case there. This is due to the age and diameter of the plumbing systems and the difficulty of cleaning out or replacing pipes. Many buildings and plumbing systems are newer in North America than elsewhere.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by docque View Post
    So we went out and bought the RV toilet paper. Quick dissolve they say. Now I didn't expect it to dissolve instantly because, well, you know. But I figured and hour at most. Well, I forgot about it after checking the first few hours. Then I saw the glass sitting there. Three days later and still not dissolved. So one of two things is occurring. One it needs some sort of helper to make it dissolve or two it dissolves quicker than normal tp but still takes a long time.
    Those drop in chemicals don't just help with oders they help break that stuff down faster.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The wife and I buy Scott sgl ply and Kirkland sgl ply...both from Costco.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have been using the Costco double ply with no issues for two years. My sons test the system regularly and no clogs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by docque View Post
    I know I am. Sorry. 30+ years of software development does that to a guy. Our first outing is coming so we will see. We need to just rip the bandage off. I really do not want this to be a bad experience for the Wife. This is what she has been working for all her life. She dreamed of this and when she retired she bought the camper. So, a lot on the line.
    Understandable for sure. Nonetheless, it will take care of itself if you use any “RV safe” TP and maintain a healthy amount of water in your tank. BTW, as someone else mentioned, RV TP does not “dissolve”, it just breaks up into tiny pieces when the water agitates even a little bit (e.g., flushing, driving, etc.). The point is that the little TP pieces are less likely to build up and plug up your drainage system. It’s all about upping the water volume (coupled with some odor control products). Enjoy!!
    Cheesehead Travelers 🧀 2021 Solitude 390RK, 2021 RAM 3500 6.7 HO/Turbo Diesel
    Patty: Head Cheese
    Bobby: Cheese Whiz (USMC Veteran)
    Brooke (Yorkie): Cheez-it

Left The Driveway Lovetowanderrv's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been using Unique RV Digest-It along with Costco (Kirkland) septic safe TP and I can tell you for a fact that the TP is dissolved in 4 days. This is the recommended dump timeline from Unique. We use plenty of water during use. This product has been amazing if used properly. This breakdown happens regardless of movement.

If you are looking for something that will breakdown your black tank products, this does the job.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovetowanderrv View Post
    I have been using Unique RV Digest-It along with Costco (Kirkland) septic safe TP and I can tell you for a fact that the TP is dissolved in 4 days. This is the recommended dump timeline from Unique. We use plenty of water during use. This product has been amazing if used properly. This breakdown happens regardless of movement.

If you are looking for something that will breakdown your black tank products, this does the job.
    Excellent. I’ve not tried it yet, but I’m open to trying anything RV-Related that results in “better” outcomes and experiences.

Thanks!
    Cheesehead Travelers 🧀 2021 Solitude 390RK, 2021 RAM 3500 6.7 HO/Turbo Diesel
    Patty: Head Cheese
    Bobby: Cheese Whiz (USMC Veteran)
    Brooke (Yorkie): Cheez-it

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have to ask because people keep saying Costco tp. I see no Costco by name tp. Are you talking this? https://www.costco.com/kirkland-sign...100645583.html
    Upstate NY
    2022 Ford F150 with trailer tow package
    2022 Transcend Xplor 231rk
    2021 Shih Tzu Millie

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast