User Tag List

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone connect a dual fuel Champion generator to a 22MLE rear propane port?

I just bought a Champion 2500W dual fuel generator and I want to use a 10' or 20' extension hose and connect it to the generator from the rear propane port on the trailer. Both the generator and the rear propane port are female and I can't seem to find a male-to-male hose. The hose I have is male to female. I bought a fitting that I thought might fit the generator, but it doesn't. There seems to be subtle differences in the various connectors and I want to make sure I'm doing things right. Champion hasn't been much help so far.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Billh662 View Post
    I just bought a Champion 2500W dual fuel generator and I want to use a 10' or 20' extension hose and connect it to the generator from the rear propane port on the trailer. Both the generator and the rear propane port are female and I can't seem to find a male-to-male hose. The hose I have is male to female. I bought a fitting that I thought might fit the generator, but it doesn't. There seems to be subtle differences in the various connectors and I want to make sure I'm doing things right. Champion hasn't been much help so far.
    Go to propanegear.com and send them an email. They will want a couple of pictures, then they will give you linked to everything you need. This is where I bought my hose from for my Champion 3400 Dual Fuel.
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can also go to your local propane dealer, a lot of them have their own shop and can make a hose while you wait. I have a supplier by me and they have fabricated several different hoses for me.
    2020 303RLS
    2018 Dodge 2500 Cummins
    BW Companion
    Retired and loving it.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Moonshadow!

Quote Originally Posted by MoonShadow_1911 View Post
    Go to propanegear.com and send them an email. They will want a couple of pictures, then they will give you linked to everything you need. This is where I bought my hose from for my Champion 3400 Dual Fuel.
    Thanks Moonshadow, I'll check today!