User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Update On Our Momentum Project - Got It!

We got it today, and it was a long, interesting day. It was in fantastic shape, towed very well, but we ran into a Furrion show stopper when we got to our campsite. I wasn't able to get more than one photo, but I'll post a lot more tomorrow.

Project Updates at the bottom of the page... http://www.momentumgunner.com/momentum_project.html

I updated our Towing Notes as well. We took it straight from the dealer to a CAT Scale to get it weighed. http://www.momentumgunner.com/towing_notes.html

It tows very well behind our 2014 Ram 3500 DRW - even through messed up construction zones.

If you have any questions - ask. I'll do my best to answer them.
    Editor - www.RamGunner.com and www.MomentumGunner.com
    2014 Ram 3500 Tradesman/CTD/AISIN/4.10/4WD/CC/LB/DRW/VHF/UHF/APRS/CB/SCANNER
    B&W RVK3600 5th Wheel Hitch/Reese 30140 Gooseneck Ball/Gen-Y HDGH-604 Receiver
    2016 Momentum 385TH (Internal LAN/AV Distribution/Polaris RZR 800 EPS/CB/SCANNER/VHF/UHF/APRS and HF for World-Wide Communications)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wish I'd seen this a year ago. We full-time and I took the easy route and used bulkhead connectors in the wall to get to antenna connection. Of course my rigs are mounted on a desk rather than in the pass thru cabinets. Interesting project.
    NE5AH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Alan and Kathleen
    2015 Momentum 380TH (RVD2)
    2014 Ford F350 Dually (Stormtrooper)
    2012 Honda Goldwing Navi/ABS (Land Speeder)

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great info, thanks for the write-ups. I look forward to reading all the details (a lot of good info for me as I have a 385)
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by arhayes View Post
    Wish I'd seen this a year ago. We full-time and I took the easy route and used bulkhead connectors in the wall to get to antenna connection. Of course my rigs are mounted on a desk rather than in the pass thru cabinets. Interesting project.
    NE5AH
    I was considering that same idea for the antennas - especially before I got to speak with Nate. Most of the manufacturers didn't want to talk about safe places to drill, etc. A bulkhead connection would be a reasonably safe choice. When I told Nate what we were up to, his lit up and said "you picked the very best spot" and explained exactly how I could do do it. That was SO refreshing of an attitude, and was incredibly helpful.

I'm getting ready to go try to exchange our power cord and see how fast we can get started this morning.
    2016 Momentum 385TH (Internal LAN/AV Distribution/Polaris RZR 800 EPS/CB/SCANNER/VHF/UHF/APRS and HF for World-Wide Communications)

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RamGunner View Post

I'm getting ready to go try to exchange our power cord and see how fast we can get started this morning.
    You might also look into a right angle adapter for the connection to the coach. (if you haven't already) It takes a lot of the stress off the connection.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The funny thing about that is that I contacted the factory with a set of questions that included that. I was told it wasn't an issue. I think the input port on the unit won't have issues, and if I had a good cord to start with I think it would be ok too. This would not even fit in up to the threads.

I'm at the dealer now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just got back home a few minutes ago. They replaced it with a cord out of another Momentum and will get a replacement from Grand Design or Furrion. We will be on the way up to the trailer shortly.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also had to have a new cord shipped to me under warranty. It was pulling apart after just a few months of use.

I'll have to flood at your project. What are you using for an HF antenna?

Alan and Kathleen
    2015 Momentum 380TH (RVD2)
    2014 Ford F350 Dually (Stormtrooper)
    2012 Honda Goldwing Navi/ABS (Land Speeder)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The plan is to use an Icom AH-2b antenna and AH-4 tuner for HF work, but we also have a G5RV dipole and an Icom AT-180 tuner that we can deploy if necessary.

As for the Furrion power cords, I wasn't overly impressed with the construction of the first one. I'm reserving judgment on the replacement until it's been in service for a while.

I did make an SS2-50R to L14-30 cable for hooking up to a remote generator last week, and have a bunch of converter parts too. I still need to setup an SS2-50R to TT-30P cable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man, I tried installing a CB in my last truck...But couldn't do anything but listen...

Regards,

AJ

2015 FORD F450 Lariat Ultimate
    2012 HD RoadGlide Ultra
    2015 GD Momentum 350M

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast