User Tag List

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More lighting ? dimmer questions

Just added a dimmer to the bedroom and I'm waiting for the dimmer for the main coach area to arrive to add it. My wife asked about adding a dimmer over the dinette as both of those lights were very bright also. Well it looks like an easy task just to remove the 4 screws that look to be holding the wooden trim panel to the ceiling and do my thing but.......... I removed the screws and tried to pull the panel down and its not coming loose. I took a thin sturdy putty knife and tried to pry it down to no avail. Anybody out there replaced the dinette lights or taken this wooden trim piece down ? Can't believe its glued or something like that bhut I'm afraid to get to rough for fear of tearing something up. Thanks
    2022 2600 RB , Road Armor + wet bolt and heavy shackle kit
    2021 Ram 1500 Premier, 5.7 E Torque , 3.91 rear end, trailering kit

Fireside Member RazorbackRollin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.amazon.com/Kohree-Dimmab...%2C338&sr=8-17.
    These work perfect you get 2 one for the table the other over the recliners. The table I attached the the radio power feed.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorbackRollin View Post
    https://www.amazon.com/Kohree-Dimmab...%2C338&sr=8-17.
    These work perfect you get 2 one for the table the other over the recliners. The table I attached the the radio power feed.
    Thanks, I found almost the same ones on Amazon . Got a 2 pack and they fit perfectly above the table. BlueFire 700LM Dimmable Sliding Brightness RV Ceiling Dome Lights, 7W DC10-30V Super Bright RV Interior LED Lights for RVs, Campers, Motorhomes, Trailers(2 Pack)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigjake392 View Post
    Just added a dimmer to the bedroom and I'm waiting for the dimmer for the main coach area to arrive to add it. My wife asked about adding a dimmer over the dinette as both of those lights were very bright also. Well it looks like an easy task just to remove the 4 screws that look to be holding the wooden trim panel to the ceiling and do my thing but.......... I removed the screws and tried to pull the panel down and its not coming loose. I took a thin sturdy putty knife and tried to pry it down to no avail. Anybody out there replaced the dinette lights or taken this wooden trim piece down ? Can't believe its glued or something like that bhut I'm afraid to get to rough for fear of tearing something up. Thanks
    Can't you just get to the switch for those lights and install the dimmer there? I'm not familiar with you unit so I am not sure why you want to get that panel down. I know on mine I decided that panel wasn't coming off easily.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Each light has its own individual switch built in so installing a dimmer wasn't the answer. I did find a pair of lights that fit that space well and have built in dimmers so i removed the old and installed the new. They work well and by the way, the trim board does not come down. I just removed the light covers and found they were just screwed to that board. Used the same wiring and installed the new ones.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I took my lights down and after removing the 4 screws, the board came right off, wasn't stuck in any way

Then I installed 2 new dimmable LED lights, in fact my wife has me now replacing all lights with these new ones, so much nicer

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0991X5F3D...t_details&th=1

Enjoy
    Rick