User Tag List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Attention: New Dometic Water Heater Owner

There is a video on YouTube I found explaining the non-functioning Water Heater problem that continues to happen. Apparently how the Thermal Cut-off Fuse is installed from the factory, if you experience any type of flame-up at the Burner Tube opening, it will fry the fuse and your Water Heater will become unresponsive. My wife and I have been without any hot water (accept what she boiled on the stove) since Wednesday until now Sunday evening. I truly believe this is the issue we are experiencing currently. I went on Amazon and ordered a pack of Six to have extras. The other issue they have found is the Motherboard is no good. Amazon Carrie’s one with the original Atwood name, but same Part number that you can receive pretty quick. The most common issue is the Thermal Cut-off Fuse.

Atwood is owned now by Dometic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Karl - USMC - DAV 🇺🇸
    2004 Ford F-350 Powerstroke Super-duty 6.0L (Bulletproofed 😁) 202k miles | 2022 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22 MLE | Trailer Tires: Goodyear Endurance ‘D’ rated

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.dinosaurelectronics.com/Ignitor_boards.htm These folks have been around for years... Making quality circuit boards for Rv appliances... They come with a warranty, although I've never heard of anyone needing it....
    2019 230RL Reflection ..... 1996 Dodge 2500 Cummins still pulling just as hard as the day I brought her home November 1995...3.6 Onan. 2 battleborns 300 watts solar, 1500 watt aims inverter....(Convictions are a far greater foe of truth than lies) {Nietztche}

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ditto on the Dino board. My board went out and, after waiting on the phone for over an hour, Dometic agreed that the board was bad and that they would send another, under warranty coverage. While waiting for the board to arrive, I contacted Dino and ordered their board. It arrived and I installed it and we went on the trip that we had scheduled.

Upon our return, there still wasn’t a board from Dometic. It took a couple of weeks to get to us and I threw it into the spare parts box, in case the Dino board ever goes bad. So far, we haven’t needed it.
    Tom and Janice (known as Tom in PGH on the “other” forum)

First came the 18' Comfort bumper-pull, was great for 20 years.
    Now a 2019 Reflection 303RLS, second air, double glass, table and chairs
    2019 F350 Lariat (Diesel) 4x4 Crewcab with lots of goodies
    Andersen aluminum with the puck system holding it all together
    Cranberry Twp. PA, about 30 miles north of Pittsburgh

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So the waterheater in my rl2500 stopped working. I found the fuseable link was burned out and I will have to replace it. My question is should this effect the heating of the water both propane & electric? It seems using the electric the water only gets luke warm before shutting off..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've never experienced this so called flare-up. You may need to adjust the sleeve on the tube that feeds propane into the water heater. This sleeve allows more/less air into the tube for ignition, which is affected by change in elevation...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tube.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	99.0 KB 
ID:	41940
    2021 Reflection 337RLS | TireMinder i10 TPMS | Progressive Dynamics 60A Converter | Progressive Industries EMS | MORyde X Factors | Renogy Solar & MPPT Controller
    2012 Ram 2500 CCSB 6.7L Diesel | Tuned w/ DPF Stolen | Tekonsha P3 Brake Controller | Airlift Bags w/ Wireless Compressor | B&W Turnover Ball | Anderson Ultimate Hitch