User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry hello just picked up our 2022 2400 bh . trouble with compass connect

Hello everyone, we are very excited about our new 2400 and our first trip next week to Utah, but let me tell you it has not been that easy. We only had it about 2 days before I had to bring it back to have them listen to the loud hum that was coming form the refrigerator.So come to find out it was the condenser, waiting too see when it will be replaced or if and when they can get the part to replace.
    The real reason of writing this book is that I am having trouble connecting to Compass Connect.I could really use some help here, I have called and the people were nice but not helpful with the problem. It seem like they were reading off a check list to me. So ,I will start from the beginning and hopefully someone can help.First, I follow the directions downloaded app on phone.It reads that that it is sync with my phone (connection successful).I fill in the info, make ,year and model, when I go and use it re circles me back to keep trying to sync the app. So I tried using the label to sync then the blue tooth no luck. so about an hour trying, I call the service. They walk through the same steps said they would have to get back with me. The other person that I talk to told me to download one control so I did and it did the same thing.(keeps circling me back to sync the app). Then he said to me that it had to be reset and to take the panel off and disconnect the ground wires, well guess what when I removed the panel to reconnect the ground wires they were never in there to start it is like they fell out. So I put them back and went through the same steps again,Guess what still in the same spot. It just circling me back to sync the app. So I called again and again the told me they would get back with me and I got and email asking me about my iphone and what version I was using.So I called apple spent some time on the phone with apple.Apple told me it was the app.So what do I do? What is strange, is that I tried my wife's phone and my I pad (it is a little older thinking our iPhone 11 Pro Max are to new) NO LUCK still does not work. When I went back to pick up the trailer for the refrigerator issue, I was talking with the tech guy there. He had no problem hooking up and syncing his phone. So I gave him my phone and asked him just to do mine and again it was doing the same thing circling back to sync. He had no answers. So what is different on his phone then mine he didn't know I even made sure that my setting were set like his .
    I hope this could be an easy fix. Maybe just a button or box not checked but it is really getting to the point of why did we go with grand design.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would just try the iPhone Bluetooth sync from the Settings. There should be a Bluetooth button on the panel and then look at your iPhone Bluetooth devices discovered tab.

Once established the app should work. The QR code is how I did mine.

If you can shoot a pic of your panel and post it here.
    Randy and Kris

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Moved to Control Systems.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is your phone up to date running iOS 15.5?

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PerrtyPenny View Post
    Hello everyone, we are very excited about our new 2400 and our first trip next week to Utah.
    Welcome to the forum, hope you get your connectivity issue fixed.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile thank you ,thank you

Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post
    I would just try the iPhone Bluetooth sync from the Settings. There should be a Bluetooth button on the panel and then look at your iPhone Bluetooth devices discovered tab.

Once established the app should work. The QR code is how I did mine.

If you can shoot a pic of your panel and post it here.
    thank you very much. It worked. I did check the blue tooth setting a couple of times just to see if it connected but never tried connecting through it like that. Again thank you, someone should pass this on to the company. It was couple days of aggravation with no answers and with your suggestion a 5 minute fix.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes it is checked for new updated when I was having problems

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Excellent work! iPhones can be so finicky. The wife battled a time zone problem forever, phone would never sync right. It was identical to my phone in almost every aspect but would not sync to the time zone.

Be aware that the control panel is smart and after you travel it has an app lockout feature. You must do certain commands from the panel vs the app. This is a smart play so you cannot put your slide or awning out while moving down the road.

Good luck to you guys.

Randy
    Randy and Kris