User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went around my entire roof line last year and had similar areas although most were a hairline separation. I did some from the roof since the slides were out and some from a ladder. The ladder approach was MUCH easier and those areas look much better although no one ever really sees it but me.
    Imagine 2020 2670MK,
    2021 RAM 2500

Seasoned Camper more tired since retired's Avatar
    southern Georgia, where gnats rule the world
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    I can't tell if that's the silicone bead peeled off or a small slit in the membrane (looks more like the former than the latter). Either way, I would repair it. If it's just the silicone, a bead of silicone is fine (after trimming off the old stuff that's not adhering). Eternabond or non-self-leveling Alpha Systems lap sealant would be the choice if it's the roof membrane.

Rob
    Never use silicon on the roof or anywhere on your rig. You will never be able to get a good attachment and silicon leaves the surface unable to bond with the proper sealants (learned the hard way). Just get the correct sealant and use that. You will be sorry in the long (or possibly short run) if you go with silicon.
    2020 F-250 XLT SuperCrew 7.3L Blue Ox SwayPro, 2020 Imagine 2600RB,
    1600W Solar w/525AH LiFePO4, Victron 3000W, Road Armor w/wet bolt suspension, VisionWork Camera System, Peplink MAX BR1 Pro 5G Mobile Router,MicroAir EasyStart
    Amateur Radio Call N9XGZ FMCA#489460 Escapees SKP#166379

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks again for all your guidance. I went back to check it and you can't even tell where it is. I think the heat of the sun may have taken care of it. I'm going to monitor it.
    Jeff & Sherry
    2020 Imagine 2670MK
    2019 F150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4,
    HDPP, Max Tow, 6.5, ProPride

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by more tired since retired View Post
    Never use silicon on the roof or anywhere on your rig. You will never be able to get a good attachment and silicon leaves the surface unable to bond with the proper sealants (learned the hard way). Just get the correct sealant and use that. You will be sorry in the long (or possibly short run) if you go with silicon.
    Great information on this thread.. I am having a similar issue on my 2018 303 with a TPO roof. I have looked all through the information pack that came with my camper and searched this forum and can't seem to find exactly what material is supposed to be use along this section of roof. It looks like silicon caulk to me, but I'd like to know for sure what is the correct product to use. Can someone in the know point me in the right direction? Many thanks...
    Neil and Sheila
    2018 Reflection 303RLS - 2nd A/C
    2015 Silverado 2500HD 6.0 Double Cab, Short Box

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12