User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

imagine 2150rb year 2019 slide out not working on one side.

We bought our RV new the year I retired. We have spent several summers traveling with no issues. This summer we planned for months our summer vacation 56 stops going to Alaska via Canada for 5 months. We where so excited. We got new tires did all needed maintenance we could think of.

On our 5th stop our slid out quit working. One side attempted to work but the other side would not move. Now we are in Montana in the middle of nowhere. We can not get to the heater to turn it on. We can’t get to our clothes. We froze the first night with no heat. Next day May 25th 2022 we go into Bozeman MT to find some one to work on the RV. No one was accepting any RV work until July.

The manual said there was an override manual crank on our model 2150RB 2019 there is not one. There is no hole to insert the crank. We tried everything we could find online, but nothing worked we do not have a panel as shown in the manual. Only a in or out button.
    We had to buy new clothes (since we could not get to ours) and stay at hotels on the way home. We had our granddaughter come over since she was small enough to pass thru the small opening and help us get our stuff out of the RV. That was today.

Our warranty is expired. What can we do?

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m believe that your model has what is called a Schwintek slide. They don’t have the manual crank. Instead, there are 2 motors, one driving each side of the slide. These motors are connected to a controller which can sometimes be a challenge to find. Once you find it, you can have a look at the diagnostic display(flashing lights) and also try to override the synchronization logic to see if the slide will move.

The usual problems are the cables between the control board and the motors, or the motor itself. Sometimes, the vertical shaft, bearings, and/or gears can get broken too.

Anyway, there should be a section in your manual describing how to deal with the Schwintek controller. And there are plenty of YouTube vids on maintenance and troubleshooting, etc.

Hope this helps to get you back on the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Reflection 312 BHTS, Silverado 2500 Duramax

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks

Thanks we did find the panle it was under the bathroom sink. We followed the steps in the book with no luck. In looking at the issue it appears the rubber on the non moving side is caught up. See attached photo.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails slidout.jpg  

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you follow the procedure to manually run the slide. Push the button 6 times, hold on the 7th until lights flash.

If that doesn't work, you can switch the plug in wires to see if it is the controller or the motors. If you switch wires and the side moves, then you know it is the controller or wires. If it still doesn't move, then the motor is bad or the wires have come unplugged from the motor.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your help we tried everything and no luck. Got it into an RV shop and they said the slide out is not working due to it being bound up and the pillar is bent. They said they would have to put in a whole new system. The cost will be 5,500 dollars. Seems like a design flaw in the fact that there is no way to get to the parts or open the slide out manually.
    We purchased a warranty with Cornerstone when we bought the RV. They said they need to look at it to see the issue. The parts will take 4 to 6 weeks to get the order. So we are stuck in Texas with over 100 degree heat and not in Canada worst summer yet.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yikes. Sorry to hear about all the slide trouble. Idea: get a second opinion from a mobile rv tech. Second idea: check out this replacement system from an outfit in Tucson.

https://vroomslidesystems.com/

Third idea: contact Lippert for their advice.

What exactly is a bent pillar. Any pictures? Perhaps the fine forum folks will be able to help with alternatives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Reflection 312 BHTS, Silverado 2500 Duramax

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your input. We did have a mobile RV tech come look at it. He is the one who told us it would need to go into shop. He came to the same conclusion as the shop.
    I had chosen Grand Design because I was told they would stand by their product. This is a 2019 modal so not that old. So why would I need to look at a slid out from a different company?
    The slid out is stuck in the closed position with no way to open manually, So I am unable to take any pitchers except the one I posted.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Vroom system can replace a Schwintek, and is superior with much better reliability. But it’s new and not easy to obtain. Also costs more. Hope you get your problem solved soon.