User Tag List

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Auto level raises the right side really high then shuts off

I have a 2021 momentum 381M. Hydrolic lift, 6 point system. This has never happened before, I have to come inside to the panel and press ok, then the only thing that works is lowering all Jack's.

So I tried again, and right as it got everything level the right side just takes off and lifts way up. It almost looks like it will tip over. I was able to lower all jacks again and stop it when the right side came down some. And then was able to raise/lower the left side to level it with the right. But unable to manually lower the right side. It will raise, but not lower, unless I hit lower all.

This is our first trip out. The last 2 nights it worked fine. We are on a level cement pad. At least it looks level. We are here for a week, so won't be moving again for a bit. I have seen people suggest resetting the auto leveler. How is that done.

Also, sorry for rambling. Not sure how much info to give to be helpful, so telling everything I experienced.

Thanks in advance

Green Baggett

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sometimes leveless can look deceiving, like that famous road where cars appear to roll up hill.

Would try to recalibrate to zero, and see if it continues. I assume there is a sensor by the axles (like our 4pt system) which is centered from side to side.

Could be something has fallen on the bracket or maybe it lost a mounting screw on one side that its mounted to and is causing it to mis-calibrate levelness. Might check that out if it continues to not level correctly.

Tip: We carry a cheapo 3' level to check level of camp lots occasionally when trying to figure out sweet spots (or high centers) of unlevel camp gravel pads. Another good indicator is looking at other RVs to see if the are higher on one side.
    Last edited by trailrydr; 05-30-2022 at 06:21 PM.
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenb479 View Post
    I have a 2021 momentum 381M. Hydrolic lift, 6 point system. This has never happened before, I have to come inside to the panel and press ok, then the only thing that works is lowering all Jack's.

So I tried again, and right as it got everything level the right side just takes off and lifts way up. It almost looks like it will tip over. I was able to lower all jacks again and stop it when the right side came down some. And then was able to raise/lower the left side to level it with the right. But unable to manually lower the right side. It will raise, but not lower, unless I hit lower all.

This is our first trip out. The last 2 nights it worked fine. We are on a level cement pad. At least it looks level. We are here for a week, so won't be moving again for a bit. I have seen people suggest resetting the auto leveler. How is that done.

Also, sorry for rambling. Not sure how much info to give to be helpful, so telling everything I experienced.

Thanks in advance

Green Baggett
    I know our hydraulic system is VERY sensitive to low battery voltage (I cannot give you a specific voltage). Were you plugged into shore power when you tried to autolevel? Ours has acted vary "oddly" at times when running off of just the battery. I always try to plug into shore power (and make sure the battery switch is "on" when autoleveling and have had no problems with odd behavior when doing it this way.

Just a possibility

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CoChris View Post
    I know our hydraulic system is VERY sensitive to low battery voltage (I cannot give you a specific voltage). Were you plugged into shore power when you tried to autolevel? Ours has acted vary "oddly" at times when running off of just the battery. I always try to plug into shore power (and make sure the battery switch is "on" when autoleveling and have had no problems with odd behavior when doing it this way.

Just a possibility

Chris
    Man... that sucks! Glad I got the electric version!!

You would think that if the computer wasn't receiving a good level from the sensor it would return an error of some sort?? What a weird system.

Mine will go left right front rear multiple times before deciding its level with both a beep, lit dot in center of display, and level success msg.
    Last edited by trailrydr; 05-30-2022 at 06:30 PM.
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CoChris View Post

Just a possibility

Chris
    At first, no. But after it raised the right side the first time, yes. And when I was using the panel, the battery would fluctuate from 13.8 volts to 12.4 even when plugged in.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenb479 View Post

Thanks in advance

Green Baggett
    STOP!
    Before recalibrating, Check to make sure your sensors are mounted properly. My rear one fell off it's mount. The factory used screws into the plastic sensor holes. and stripped them. I found the sensor just laying on the coroplast, the screws were nearby. I used rivets to reattach it, and it started working properly. That was two years ago. It should not just lose its calibration for no reason
    Last edited by huntindog; 05-30-2022 at 08:19 PM.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntindog View Post
    STOP!
    Before recalibrating, Check to make sure your sensors are mounted properly. My rear one fell off it's mount. The factory used screws into the plastic sensor holes. and stripped them. I found the sensor just laying on the coroplast, the screws were nearby. I used rivets to reattach it, and it started working properly. That was two years ago. It should not just lose its calibration for no reason
    Thanks. I will check that first thing in the morning.