User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonShadow_1911 View Post
    Third, if the kitchen fan cover. The clips are identical on both sides. Attachment 40930Attachment 40932Attachment 40934Attachment 40931Attachment 40933
    Ok. One is the cover over what appears to be the OEM setup. Second looks like a full replacement of the entire fan assembly. I am looking on Maxxair to find the one that just replaces the fan without removal of the assembly. I do like how it hinges but it still appears to clean it removal would be best.
    Upstate NY
    2022 Ford F150 with trailer tow package
    2022 Transcend Xplor 231rk
    2021 Shih Tzu Millie

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    on our 295RL, we used the MaxxAir Fanmate vent cover on both the bathroom (Ventline) roof vent and the kitchen (MaxxAir Airexcel) roof vent. The Ventline bathroom unit is a 14.25" wide but will still fit under the MaxxAir Fanmate vent cover. Ventline vent does require some drilling, but still easy to install.
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by docque View Post
    Ok. One is the cover over what appears to be the OEM setup. Second looks like a full replacement of the entire fan assembly. I am looking on Maxxair to find the one that just replaces the fan without removal of the assembly. I do like how it hinges but it still appears to clean it removal would be best.
    The last pictures is of the MaxxAir Fanmate Vent in the kitchen. It has the big fan blades in it. Look at the URL for an example: https://www.airxcel.com/rv/maxxair/p...covers/fanmate.
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The last pictures is of the MaxxAir Fanmate Vent in the kitchen. It has the big fan blades in it. Look at the URL for an example: https://www.airxcel.com/rv/maxxair/p...covers/fanmate.
    I guess I am missing something. I am not looking into replacing the OEM assembly, just the fan. as for the vent covers, I am still up in the air between the two.
    Upstate NY
    2021 Shih Tzu Millie

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess I am missing something. I am not looking into replacing the OEM assembly, just the fan. as for the vent covers, I am still up in the air between the two.
    OH! Okay. It's me that's missing the boat! For dinner reason, I thought you were asking about adding vent covers. My mistake!

You should be able to buy the internal guts of the fan so you don't have to replace the entire fan assembly, unless that is what you are going for and I've really missed the boat, again.
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OH! Okay. It's me that's missing the boat! For dinner reason, I thought you were asking about adding vent covers. My mistake!

You should be able to buy the internal guts of the fan so you don't have to replace the entire fan assembly, unless that is what you are going for and I've really missed the boat, again.
    Sorry, we started on the vent covers and I think we covered that. I had mentioned that I wanted to replace the fans and I think we got the wire crossed at that point. Yup fan is on the list. The OEM ones are a little under powered. I would like a little more air flow. I saw someone that showed the difference. Maxxair is very impressive but that would require a complete replacement.

But as for the covers I think both have good qualities.
    Upstate NY
    2021 Shih Tzu Millie

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MaxxAir II on both the vents in the MLE. Still running the factory installed fans. Very easy install.
    Robert and Chris
    2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2024 2500HD Silverado 6.6L gas
    Blue Ox Sway Pro

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are also running the Maxair vent cover.

I did replace my original vent cover with a Fantastic Fan in my previous class a, not a hard job. Most difficult part was peeling up the Dicor and cleaning. Whole install from removal to Turing it on took about 90 minutes, and you get a fan that is quieter and moves more air.

Good luck with whatever you decide.
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know this thread is about “vents” but “IF” you’re planning to replace the fan down the road, check out the Maxxair Maxxfan Deluxe. I replaced our kitchen stock fan with it in 2020. It took a couple hours but has worked well.

What I like about this fan is its quietness (after break in), low profile and separate roof flange.

The roof flange gets installed onto the roof and caulked. The motor, blades, and rain cover assembly then get attached to the flange. If the motor should die on me in the future I would not need to remove any caulk. I would just remove the assembly and replace it.

These fans are sold with remote control or manually operated. We got the manual since our roof is not high and easily reached.

https://www.airxcel.com/rv/maxxair/p...maxxfan-deluxe

https://www.airxcel.com/docs/default...rsn=fc361e6b_4
    2010 Tundra SR5 DC 5.7L 4x4
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Andersen WDH
    Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension Kit
    2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
    2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The OEM ones are a little under powered.
    "a little under powered" is an understatement. We found the OEM fans to be virtually useless, and did a complete replacement.
    Mike & (RIP Karen)
    2021 Imagine 2600RB
    2011 Toyota Tundra 5.7 RW, Tow Package
    Husky Centerline WDH
    Champion 2500DF, Prodigy P2

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast