User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 321Eagle View Post
    We have a 247BH and while at home have it plugged into a 110 outlet to keep the battery charged and run basic lights/ etc. Was curious if that is sufficient and/ or safe to run the A/C unit. Daughter turned it on the other day and it did kick on we shut if off right away just because didn't want to cause any damage. Hoping for some confirmation or advise. Thanks
    If I forget to turn off the thermostat, our AC unit in our 2950RL also will start-up and run for a few minutes. After some time, the 15A breaker in our garage will trip 100% of the time in about 5-minutes. You will exceed the current limit of a 15A circuit.

I measured the wattage during one of our trips and it ran about 2200 watts. Even at 2000 watts, will be about 17A rounded up.
    David Pisano
    2018 Imagine 2950RL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have ours plugged into a 20a outlet and it runs the A/C with no problem. It won't run both units at the same time but we don't really have a need to do that. We did upgrade the power cord that can handle the load.
    Evan & Mary
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 3000QB
    2019 Ram 1500 Bighorn Crew Cab

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 321Eagle View Post
    Thank you all for all the replies and assuring it should be fine.
    I hate doing this but, There is some really bad info on this post.... The damage to the compressor is not immediate, it happens over time.. We camped at an RV park for a summer with bad power... 110v in the morning 103v when the full timers came off work... Because we have Samoyeds, air-conditioning it a must.... The AC unit was shot by September. The wire size for a 15 amp circuit is 14 gauge.... the wire in the RV is at least 12 gauge, and some units it might be 10 gauge... That alone is a big hint! The 1st thing we do when we set up is check the power.. Some parks we can run everything AC water heater and Fridge.... Other parks maybe not.... Get a volt meter that plugs into a wall outlet see what the voltage is... 110v at least with the AC on and cooling.. or a circuit protector that cuts out for low volts... Then you'll know for sure instead of guessing it's ok... It's not a big deal to run a 30 amp circuit.... I really don't like being this blunt, but, dam
    2019 230RL Reflection ..... 1996 Dodge 2500 Cummins still pulling just as hard as the day I brought her home November 1995...3.6 Onan. 2 battleborns 300 watts solar, 1500 watt aims inverter....(Convictions are a far greater foe of truth than lies) {Nietztche}

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the intent of the replies is the amperage supplied by a standard 15 amp wall outlet is sufficient to run a 10 amp or so single AC unit. No 120VAC devices will run efficiently at 110 or less.
    Randy and Kris

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well the intent of my post is that you don't know unless you put a device on it to monitor the circuit.... What else is on the circuit? Age of the wiring? length of the wire run?
    2019 230RL Reflection ..... 1996 Dodge 2500 Cummins still pulling just as hard as the day I brought her home November 1995...3.6 Onan. 2 battleborns 300 watts solar, 1500 watt aims inverter....(Convictions are a far greater foe of truth than lies) {Nietztche}

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another thing to consider. As Dpisano said we too measured really high starting watts on our 15k btu Dometic. Up to 2700 before installing a Microair Easystart but only 1600 watts afterwards. The ac uses 1600-1700 watts to run so the Easystart practically eliminates the ac startup surge. That should be much easier on the ac to start gently and hopefully extend its life.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12