Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Uneven heating

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Uneven heating

We have had our 247BH just over a year now and our first outing with it we went to NC last Christmas timeframe and heating was an issue. The front room would get really hot while the rest of the rig (main cabin and bathroom) would still be cool/ cold. We ended up getting space heaters. Came home and put it in the shop and was told that is normal. This year we took it to Virginia and same situation and tried another shop after getting back (had some other issues but brought it up while it was in) and again advised no issues found.

Is this truly normal and expected behavior of the heating system?

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its typical since it's such a short run from the furnace to the bedroom compared to everywhere else. We usually block the bedroom duct since we dont like it hot when we sleep.

In our Momentum, we took the duct off the wall and filled the duct plate with a piece of thin wood and replaced the plate.

In our Reflection, I replaced the plastic floor duct with a metal version and bought magnetic sheeting, cut it to fit the duct and placed it on top of the duct plate.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reduce the heat duct to the front room.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I took a different approach. If you take the left hand panel under the sink you will expose the furnace. I went to menards and picked up a 4” sheet metal T. I connected the 90 degree connection to the front bedroom and put an adjustable vent in the front bedroom. I then took a 4” hole saw and cut a duct in on the left side of the sink cabinet between the spice rack and top on the sink. It fits perfectly in there. Then I took the straight through run and ran it to the duct under the sink. The cabin heats up quickly and the front bedroom is adjustable. I made up most of the connections while the T fitting was out side of the sink. You’ll need 3’ of 4” flex duct. It takes about 30 minutes and cost me $25 because I took the vent from the front bedroom and put it under the sink.
    Last edited by Tbushy; 08-11-2022 at 08:03 PM.