User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just one data point here. My electric in frame slide failed on my first trip. It took 3 months to get it fixed under warranty. My Schwintek slide has always worked great. Smooth and quiet and no loud clutch noises. No tilting in and out while in motion and no rubbing the floor. It’s my favorite slide of the three. So far. My experience anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Reflection 312 BHTS, Silverado 2500 Duramax

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know nothing about this system or company, but you could always throw some money at the slide problem and go with them.
    I edited this to make it clear that I have no relationship with this company and am not recommending them, just mentioning that they do replacements.
    https://vroomslidesystems.com/vroom-slide-system/
    Last edited by alias100; 06-03-2022 at 08:51 PM.
    2021 Imagine XLS 22RBE
    2021 Ram 2500 Hemi, Crew Cab Short Bed
    2-206 AH SOK Batteries, Victron MultiPlus 3000VA Inverter, 800 watts solar

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My 337RLS was also issued with the Schwintec slide, but has had no problems of any kind so far (more than a year since the RV was new). A neighbor at a campground where we stayed a couple of weeks ago has the 31MB and his slide gave him some problems, but he also did the recalibration/synchronization procedure and the problem was solved.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my living room slide does the herky jerky going in and out, and has since we bought the rig, but it works ok. The other two slides move easier. Not saying anything else as we leave Friday for a short 2 day trip and don't want to jinx anything.....
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PTParker View Post
    Another Schwintec slide question! We just returned from a trip and slides had been working fine. Tried to run the bedroom slide out to unload trailer and one side is binding! It is not throwing a code of any kind like it did last issue I had but the left side is like it is in a bind and will only move about an inch and stops! I have kept moving it in and out and I have it out about 6 inches but can't get it all the way back in either! It was not out of sync because I had never failed to run the slide to full cycle since had trailer. It seems the motors are starting at the same time but the left one seems to bind up! I can't see anything that looks out of the ordinary, even tried to help it a little on that side but seems to not make a difference! Hope this is an easy fix, my patience is running thin on these Schwintec slides!
    I had the same problem. The problem was the power connectors on the side of the Schwintec control unit. Have someone apply pressure to the two connectors while you open the slide. If that works, use sand paper on the male connectors and crimp the female connectors so they fit tighter on the male connectors.
    Bill Shallbetter
    2022 Reflection 260RD
    2021 Ford F-150 Powerboost (Hybrid)
    Nebo, NC

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NCBill View Post
    I had the same problem. The problem was the power connectors on the side of the Schwintec control unit. Have someone apply pressure to the two connectors while you open the slide. If that works, use sand paper on the male connectors and crimp the female connectors so they fit tighter on the male connectors.
    Thanks Bill for sharing your experience. Good connections are important, your post may save someone who gets stuck somewhere. Sandpaper is way less expensive than a mobile RV tech.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had my trailer into the dealer 3 times (under warranty) for the Schwintek slide not working properly. They finally figured out it was out of spec from manufacturing. They rebuilt it to spec and now it seems to be working. So far so good.
    John and Lori
    2018 XLT 2.7l
    2021 Imagine 22mle

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting development in my Schwintek slide issues. I keep the trailer on my property. I use the stabilizers when parked. Went to run out the slide and she bound up. Needless to say, not happy since they said they fixed it as it was out of spec. When I picked up the trailer from the dealer, the stabilizers weren't down. So the slide worked very well. I brought my stabilizers up and now the slide works. I don't recall reading that you have to run the slide out BEFOR you use the stabilizers. What are others doing? It seems I will not be setting the stabilizers until the slide is out. Thoughts?.
    John and Lori
    2018 XLT 2.7l
    2021 Imagine 22mle

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JHC210 View Post
    Interesting development in my Schwintek slide issues. I keep the trailer on my property. I use the stabilizers when parked. Went to run out the slide and she bound up. Needless to say, not happy since they said they fixed it as it was out of spec. When I picked up the trailer from the dealer, the stabilizers weren't down. So the slide worked very well. I brought my stabilizers up and now the slide works. I don't recall reading that you have to run the slide out BEFOR you use the stabilizers. What are others doing? It seems I will not be setting the stabilizers until the slide is out. Thoughts?.
    It definitely makes a difference IMO IF you are over doing the stabs
    I have done it both ways but IMO the slide should be deployed before stabilizers are set in case there was binding of the frame but stabilizers should never be cranked that hard

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I got my update from the dealer today on my slide issue...

They need to order a whole new mechanism. It's not in stock with Grand Design nor Schwintech. So there is no projected date on when the parts will be in.

Oh yeah and on my refrigerator issue where it runs constantly, getting a new one of those as well. And also it's not in stock so I have no ETA on that one either

Looks like I'm not camping until the fall

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast