User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another issue with Schwintec slide!

Another Schwintec slide question! We just returned from a trip and slides had been working fine. Tried to run the bedroom slide out to unload trailer and one side is binding! It is not throwing a code of any kind like it did last issue I had but the left side is like it is in a bind and will only move about an inch and stops! I have kept moving it in and out and I have it out about 6 inches but can't get it all the way back in either! It was not out of sync because I had never failed to run the slide to full cycle since had trailer. It seems the motors are starting at the same time but the left one seems to bind up! I can't see anything that looks out of the ordinary, even tried to help it a little on that side but seems to not make a difference! Hope this is an easy fix, my patience is running thin on these Schwintec slides!

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hear ya....try being out of a brand new trailer for a year while waiting for them to get fixed! A friend of ours hardly got off the lot after purchasing their TT just to not get it back till the next year over a Schwintec slide issue. Good luck!
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PTParker View Post
    Another Schwintec slide question! We just returned from a trip and slides had been working fine. Tried to run the bedroom slide out to unload trailer and one side is binding! It is not throwing a code of any kind like it did last issue I had but the left side is like it is in a bind and will only move about an inch and stops! I have kept moving it in and out and I have it out about 6 inches but can't get it all the way back in either! It was not out of sync because I had never failed to run the slide to full cycle since had trailer. It seems the motors are starting at the same time but the left one seems to bind up! I can't see anything that looks out of the ordinary, even tried to help it a little on that side but seems to not make a difference! Hope this is an easy fix, my patience is running thin on these Schwintec slides!
    Ok, even though I did everything by the book, I guess it did get out of sync! I looked it up and over rode the system and ran it in and seems to be fixed! Seems everytime I turn around it is something with this Schwintec system! I met a Lady and gentleman at the campground this week end, first time campers and almost did not buy a Reflection fifthwheel because it had the schwintec slides! So much about them out there that they were looking for one without Schwintec! She said, if they give them problems they will trade for something without them! I predict if Grand Design does not do something about the Schwintecs, there rise to the top will be short lived!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @PTParker - glad you got it to work. Check out this recent thread on slide issues. In particular Post #11 . I have not needed to try it “yet” but I made a note of it. Maybe it might help you in the future.

https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...es-22MLE/page2
    2010 Tundra SR5 DC 5.7L 4x4
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Andersen WDH
    Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension Kit
    2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
    2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, even though I did everything by the book, I guess it did get out of sync!
    Most of the Schwintek issues are caused by either poor installation or by not following Schwintek's recommended usage. Lippert has a free course that can help with both (see https://lippert.thinkific.com/courses/Schwintek). If it was improperly installed they show you how to fix it, if it was a user error they show how to work with that. Since buying my 260RD which has the Schwintek slide, I've heard some of the horror stories. After working through this course, I feel relatively confident that I can deal with the most common issues. I'm going to be adding a spare motor and harness to my spare parts bin just to be prepared.
    Last edited by Soundsailor; 06-01-2022 at 02:43 PM.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our slide was stuck in when we arrived at our camp spot. Nothing I could do would get it to go out. Not even barely an inch. Our manual for the 2500 RL says there is a manual crank on the end of a gearbox, which is incorrect. There is no manual crank so we called out a mobile repair tech. Took him almost an hour to get it out 6 in so he could get the motor out to release it to then be able to work on it

The roller on the lower right was nearly 20° off angle so it was bound up so bad It wasn't going to move. At least he got it to work for us while I now wait to get parts ordered from Grand design once there is a definitive answer whether it was installed incorrectly or some other issue.

We camped in the RV for a week having to go out the back door and in the front door just to use the restroom and go to bed. What a pain in the **********

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toy4Rick View Post
    Our slide was stuck in when we arrived at our camp spot. Nothing I could do would get it to go out. Not even barely an inch. Our manual for the 2500 RL says there is a manual crank on the end of a gearbox, which is incorrect. There is no manual crank so we called out a mobile repair tech. Took him almost an hour to get it out 6 in so he could get the motor out to release it to then be able to work on it

The roller on the lower right was nearly 20° off angle so it was bound up so bad It wasn't going to move. At least he got it to work for us while I now wait to get parts ordered from Grand design once there is a definitive answer whether it was installed incorrectly or some other issue.

We camped in the RV for a week having to go out the back door and in the front door just to use the restroom and go to bed. What a pain in the **********
    Seems the Schwintek has many more issues than any other slide type! Grand Design has so many things going for it, seems foolish to use a slide system that gives so much trouble! Like I said earlier, I talk to people that their main concern buying a Grand Design was the slide system! The Schwintek has given me more problems with my trailer than all other issues combined!

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't own an RV with a Scwintek slide unless it was just the bedroom slide. It the bed slide fails it's not that big of a deal.
    I think I'd rather have cable slides vs Schwintek. At least you can get to the cables easier.
    I've had rack slides on my last 3 trailers and not one issue.
    I understand that some slides are not able to use racks because of tank placement so in that case I'd look for a different floorplan or brand. No reason to take a chance with a Schwintek IMO.
    Whens the last time anyone read a post about a rack slide failing? Last one for me was about 7 years ago. Someone had an issue with a grade 8 bolt snapping. Easy fix compared to a Schwintek problem. Plus no need to always have to sync a rack slide.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goducks14 View Post
    I wouldn't own an RV with a Scwintek slide unless it was just the bedroom slide. It the bed slide fails it's not that big of a deal.
    I think I'd rather have cable slides vs Schwintek. At least you can get to the cables easier.
    I've had rack slides on my last 3 trailers and not one issue.
    I understand that some slides are not able to use racks because of tank placement so in that case I'd look for a different floorplan or brand. No reason to take a chance with a Schwintek IMO.
    Whens the last time anyone read a post about a rack slide failing? Last one for me was about 7 years ago. Someone had an issue with a grade 8 bolt snapping. Easy fix compared to a Schwintek problem. Plus no need to always have to sync a rack slide.
    I was very disappointed when I saw that Grand Design was using Schwintek I had two campers with cables before this one and not a single issue! I had much rather have a cable slide! When things slow down in the RV business, this may be what puts Grand Design under!

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was very disappointed when I saw that Grand Design was using Schwintek I had two campers with cables before this one and not a single issue! I had much rather have a cable slide! When things slow down in the RV business, this may be what puts Grand Design under!
    I am quite sure any slide has issues. Like has been said some slide types won’t work for every floor plan

I haven’t had any issues whatsoever with my slide but I follow the correct procedures
    It states in the owners manual to periodically sync the slides which I am sure many don’t do

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast