User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mseepman View Post
    We joined the group of failed Schwintek's right after buying our new 2022 2400BH....2nd time we put it in ever it tore a hole in the floor....(I took the online lippert course before we even bought the trailer) and followed it all to the last instruction and still a complete failure. We've been waiting all season for someone to look at it and now that they did, it took 3 weeks for a GD approval and they tell me parts are backordered so there is "no known date of repair". Tech who looked at it said that it was a mess and that he could almost be full time on just these terrible slides.
    Did it just tear a hole or did it fail?
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

grand design clearly is not following there stated goals of customer service….

Quote Originally Posted by mseepman View Post
    We joined the group of failed Schwintek's right after buying our new 2022 2400BH....2nd time we put it in ever it tore a hole in the floor....(I took the online lippert course before we even bought the trailer) and followed it all to the last instruction and still a complete failure. We've been waiting all season for someone to look at it and now that they did, it took 3 weeks for a GD approval and they tell me parts are backordered so there is "no known date of repair". Tech who looked at it said that it was a mess and that he could almost be full time on just these terrible slides.
    I am “supposed” to get my unit by tomorrow, in my state, NY, the RV is covered by the lemon law and I have already been telling the dealer I was counting the days until it will apply…. Good luck!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, as many of you know, we got our entire slide mechanism replaced a few weeks back...

Super noisy going in/out... went camping and it worked fine just loud. So when it was in this week to get the new fridge, I asked them to check the slide. They said it was fine but they did lube the rollers...

Today I picked up the RV I noticed it was much quieter, super nice... I was just about ready to pull away when I noticed the top of the slide we 3" out while the bottom was touching...

Frick, have to take it home today for some other work tomorrow, then right back to the dealer so they can manually time it, dang this is getting old

FYI, Lippert told me slide parts are 1 day out from order, in my case, from order to install of the entire mechanism was only 9 business days. Don't let the dealer or GD tell you otherwise... insist on the dealer calling Lippert directly. Not only is that what I did, that is what Lippert told me to do. My dealer didn't believe me until they called and they had parts in 5 days

Good luck
    2021 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
    2022 Imagine 2500RL

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyStar View Post
    Just one data point here. My electric in frame slide failed on my first trip. It took 3 months to get it fixed under warranty. My Schwintek slide has always worked great. Smooth and quiet and no loud clutch noises. No tilting in and out while in motion and no rubbing the floor. It’s my favorite slide of the three. So far. My experience anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    In hear you on the whole tilting thing. Scares the crap out of me every time I deploy it. Out scares me more than in.

Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toy4Rick View Post
    Well, as many of you know, we got our entire slide mechanism replaced a few weeks back...

Super noisy going in/out... went camping and it worked fine just loud. So when it was in this week to get the new fridge, I asked them to check the slide. They said it was fine but they did lube the rollers...

Today I picked up the RV I noticed it was much quieter, super nice... I was just about ready to pull away when I noticed the top of the slide we 3" out while the bottom was touching...
    Well, got an update today...

The mechanism is toast...again When Lippert sent the new mechanism ~4weeks ago, they installed the 500:1 motors with the aluminum drive shafts... it was over torqueing the gears/shaft and causing it to skip teeth quite a bit and chewed up the tracks. BLUF, the entire mechanism needs to be replaced again.

Parts are scheduled to be in next week (so those being told it takes 2 months to get parts... it's just not so)

The dealer had 2 new 300:1 motors, got them installed and at least has the slide working, not great but it works. Gets me by this next week to prep the RV and pack up for a big trip we have planned

Good luck and be safe out there

Rick
    2022 Imagine 2500RL

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toy4Rick View Post
    Well, got an update today...

The mechanism is toast...again When Lippert sent the new mechanism ~4weeks ago, they installed the 500:1 motors with the aluminum drive shafts... it was over torqueing the gears/shaft and causing it to skip teeth quite a bit and chewed up the tracks. BLUF, the entire mechanism needs to be replaced again.

Parts are scheduled to be in next week (so those being told it takes 2 months to get parts... it's just not so)

The dealer had 2 new 300:1 motors, got them installed and at least has the slide working, not great but it works. Gets me by this next week to prep the RV and pack up for a big trip we have planned

Good luck and be safe out there

Rick
    As they sometimes say "you can't win for losing." Hope this gets straightened out in time for you to enjoy your trip.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2020 260rd. I put out slide then lost all power to control panel. Lights inside work. I have 13.v at batteries. Plug in to shore power same thing. Awning fuse light is on. Pulled fuse its good switched with radio to confirm. Awning ,slide water pump, hot water propane or electric, battery status holding tank status all out. Fridge works auto level works radio works.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With my bad luck on our slide, I hate to post this but here goes...

The 3rd mechanism was installed today (3 days from order to arriving at the dealer), the dealer said it won't be the last. How far down the road will this one get me, he couldn't say however.... it's all documented with Lippert and GD

On the 2500RL, the depth of the slide is larger than most as it contains the dinette. Lippert is no longer providing the steel shaft, only the aluminum style with the 300:1 (black cap) motors. Lippert shipped the 2nd mechanism with the aluminum shaft and white cap motors, which is what tore it up, needing the 3rd

Onto the issue
    When the slide is fully extended, the shift is being bowed due to weight and the flex on the slide/RV... per the dealer, with the support only being at the top and bottom at the gear blocks, nothing in the middle, this is the issue. They don't see this issue to the same degree with other units that have slides with less depth

They are in contact with Lippert and GD and hopefully will hear something shortly

Next issue, they are concerned with the three installs, that the screws/anchor points are getting compromised. They are going to work with Lippert/GD so that on the next install, they will have to do some body work to strengthen that up.

We leave on Tue for 2 months... not gonna lie, I'm a bit nervous setting out with the bit of info that was passed onto me today

My wife and I are not going to cancel the trip, and as I told the dealer, GD might be getting another remote service call if we get stuck

Be safe out there and hope your slide issues are fixed quickly and easily
    Rick
    2022 Imagine 2500RL

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's hoping the third time is the trick @Toy4Rick, you've already paid your dues. Hopefully, your trip will go smoothly and you can get any repairs you need when you get back.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I second what @Soundsailor just said. Hoping all goes smoothly.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast