User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the good wishes...

We already had to cancel the first leg of the trip to get this fixed... so rather than drive ~5 hours, camp for 4 night then another ~5 hours, our first travel day will be ~10 hours, not psyched but don't have much choice

And since we travel with 2 cats, that adds a couple extra stops to let them use the litter box in the trailer (sure don't want that in the truck)

Safe travels
    Rick
    2021 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
    2022 Imagine 2500RL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JHC210 View Post
    I had my trailer into the dealer 3 times (under warranty) for the Schwintek slide not working properly. They finally figured out it was out of spec from manufacturing. They rebuilt it to spec and now it seems to be working. So far so good.
    You mention that it was "out of spec from manufacturer". Do you have any details as to what was out of spec and what they did to rebuild it? We had an all new slide mechanism installed on our 2016 GD Imagine 2800BH in March 2022 and have had nothing but problems. Spoke to the RV Maintenance shop recently and Lippert did not like one of the measurements from the face of the gear rack to the column (should be 2 1/2 inches) and one of the 4 was not within spec. The shop says they will need to fabricate a fix to get that one to 2 1/2. Really hoping that fixes our issue. Wasn't sure if you were having a similar issue or not and if you slide is still working good since the rebuild.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not much detail but I was told the rails were not aligned so they took them off and reinstalled. But that didn't fix it. We took it back a 4th time and got GD involved. They sent a tech to investigate. He replaced/reran the wiring. Now it works. There was in intermittent short in the wiring. We run the slide out every weekend, so far so good.
    John and Lori
    2018 XLT 2.7l
    2021 Imagine 22mle

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Mseepman, any updated on your Slide? I have a 2022 2400 BH as well and back in July they replaced the H column and now its in the shop again waiting for another one. I was told they replace the H column a lot on Schwinteck's and I have lost all faith in this rig. Kinda regretting my decision, should of got the 2800 BH with the Rack and Pinion slide.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have come to the conclusion that with schwintek, it is those that have trouble and those that will! I have had my trailer about 2 1/2 years and follow the Lippert instructions to the letter and have had mine get out of sync about every three or four uses! I have ran mine in and out about 20 times what I should have had to, just to keep it synced! It is just the roll of the dice if it will work or not when we go camping! If we ever get another trailer, it will not have a schwintek!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ya I'm just hoping they fix it right this time, I have extended warranty 6 years left and the slide is included so I'm not out of pocket and wont be if it happens again. Before the warranty is over I'm trading it in for something with out a schwintek. The problem is the service lead time and part availability, we missed a couple of trips because our slide.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, back for an update

Finally got GD to approve the 4th mechanism this time with steel shafts rather than the aluminum shafts that were originally installed. All that came in last week.

Dealer had some body work done to address the compromised screw holes

Upon parts inspection, one gear rail was found to have a saw cut about 1/2 way through it, ordered another. The next one came in powder coated black, ordered another, that came in and the full mechanism was installed last Friday with the steel shafts and the 300:1 motors. No more grinding, binding or jumping. What a big difference.

They also had to replace both awning arms completely as neither would stay in place except for fully up/locked

No more repairs please, at least for a while, we leave this weekend for 4-5 months... I'm so ready to be back out there again

Stay safe and enjoy everyone
    2021 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
    2022 Imagine 2500RL

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernglamper101 View Post
    Hi Mseepman, any updated on your Slide? I have a 2022 2400 BH as well and back in July they replaced the H column and now its in the shop again waiting for another one. I was told they replace the H column a lot on Schwinteck's and I have lost all faith in this rig. Kinda regretting my decision, should of got the 2800 BH with the Rack and Pinion slide.
    Sorry for the late reply, life got really busy and I was traveling a lot for work. So I eventually got my rig back...it arrived in late November...so a really long time gone! There were issues with the repair once they completed it and nothing was in spec still so they completely disassembled the slide and re-did it a second time. The other issue was with the cold winter, the flooring had to be repaired and gluing it down was an issue so it had to be done inside and left inside over several days. Since getting it back we have not tested the slide at home as we park on a steep grade where I don't want to extend the slide until I get the unit level. I did stop at the shop and see them putting in and out several times before it came home. It always seems noisy to me but they said that's normal. lol.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345