User Tag List

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Veterans getting meds from the VA?

Any vets out there that have to deal with the shipping of meds from the VA?

I'm planning on going full time and I have a few meds that I get shipped to my home every 90 days, but they arrive on different days and different weeks. My issue is how to get them all shipped in one shipment every 90 days so that they can be forwarded to the next place I'm going.

Also, those that are in a similar situation, do you have any issues with missing drugs due to theft by the forwarding mail service?

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thank you,

John

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're not in the VA system but, as retired Army, we use Express Scripts (via TRICARE) for home delivery of medications. If we're in one place long enough, I enter a temporary shipping address on-line and meds are sent directly to us. If we're on the move, the meds go to our Escapees RV Club mail service address and are held until I tell them where to forward them. We have NEVER had an issue with theft of medications doing it this way (though we use FedEx 2-day for forwarding from our mail service).

What are you doing for legal domicile? Do you have a mail service with your domicile setup?

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    We're not in the VA system but, as retired Army, we use Express Scripts (via TRICARE) for home delivery of medications. If we're in one place long enough, I enter a temporary shipping address on-line and meds are sent directly to us. If we're on the move, the meds go to our Escapees RV Club mail service address and are held until I tell them where to forward them. We have NEVER had an issue with theft of medications doing it this way (though we use FedEx 2-day for forwarding from our mail service).

What are you doing for legal domicile? Do you have a mail service with your domicile setup?

Rob
    I'm assuming you have all of them set to refill on the same day so that you get them all at one time?

We don't have a rig yet, but I like to be proactive and get ahead of things. We plan on Jan of 2024 to get on the road, assuming the cost of fuel and other necessities are not prohibitive.

So, in answer to your question, no, we don't have a legal domicile, but we live in the free state of Texas, if that helps.

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoTheGuide View Post
    I'm assuming you have all of them set to refill on the same day so that you get them all at one time?

We don't have a rig yet, but I like to be proactive and get ahead of things. We plan on Jan of 2024 to get on the road, assuming the cost of fuel and other necessities are not prohibitive.

So, in answer to your question, no, we don't have a legal domicile, but we live in the free state of Texas, if that helps.
    No - they just come when they come. With a 90-day schedule it's not all that often, anyway. Other things land in our mail (new registration stickers for the cars, Medicare stuff, other business things) that it works out well to have mail forwarded every six weeks or so, anyway.

You'll need to read up on domicile and do something about it... even in Texas. You'll need to renew driver's licenses, vehicle registration, register to vote, etc. If you don't have kids in Texas who are willing to let you use their address, you'll have real problems with the legal stuff. The Escapees RV Club is a good place to start. They have lots of good educational material on their web site.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have my meds sent to our Escapees address then forward them via FedEx 2 day to where we are staying or to a Walgreens that serves as FedEx pickup site. For my meds I just go on to the VA site and refill them about two to three weeks early so I don't run short. I usually set up a calendar reminder to reorder meds.
    Former 2022 Solitude 310GKR w/8K axles & disc brakes, factory solar
    Formerly 2019 Reflection 230RL, 2019 Reflection 320MKS, and 2015 Outback Terrain 230TRS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you. I appreciate all the info.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    John,
    When we were on a 2 month run, I was able to walk into the Ann Arbor VA and they refilled my prescription from Texas VA. Alternately, you could change your mailing address on My Healthevet to your campground address.
    Jeff and Mary
    2017 2600RB
    2022 F250 Lariat CC 6.7 w/ Max Tow
    Round Rock, (Donut Capital of Texas) <><

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=Rivercityjeff;431112]John,
    When we were on a 2 month run, I was able to walk into the Ann Arbor VA and they refilled my prescription from Texas VA. Alternately, you could change your mailing address on My Healthevet to your campground address.[/QOTE]

Gary has a short trail of VA med facilities he is registered at for the purpose of picking up meds on the road if something turns up short or we are enroute with no delivery address . Some in areas we frequent so if ever we need the facility it would be a little more seamless going in.

All it takes to get the pick up is a few calls to the pharmacies, so far each one wanted him to register at the facility, which is a fairly easy task.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=WhittleBurner;431142]
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivercityjeff View Post
    John,
    When we were on a 2 month run, I was able to walk into the Ann Arbor VA and they refilled my prescription from Texas VA. Alternately, you could change your mailing address on My Healthevet to your campground address.[/QOTE]

Gary has a short trail of VA med facilities he is registered at for the purpose of picking up meds on the road if something turns up short or we are enroute with no delivery address . Some in areas we frequent so if ever we need the facility it would be a little more seamless going in.

All it takes to get the pick up is a few calls to the pharmacies, so far each one wanted him to register at the facility, which is a fairly easy task.
    Very good info, thank you.