User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question 2020 Momentum G21 - Exterior Gas Pump Issues

First post here, I have a 2020 momentum G21 that I purchased used in October of 2021.

During the inspection and Q/A process the one thing I didn't get to test was the rear gas pump however, the previous owner was a pretty honest guy and meticulous about his maintenance. He said he'd use it several times and it was pretty straight forward to use.

Fast forward 6 months, i've ran the generator on a few off grid trips with the 3/4 tank of Gas that came with it and had to refill it once. This last weekend we decided to try filling our Mopeds with the exterior pump and I couldn't get it to work.

1. Onan generator runs for longer periods of time when used (3-5 hours) without issue
    2. Internal Gas Gauge shows gas being used, when generator ran and when i filled up
    3. External real Gas Gauge shows same as inside
    4. Pump switch turns on with light and you can audibly hear the pump running

When I pull the pump handle it doesn't pump any gas...

I googled it and the a lot of results came back with a vacuum gasket being an issue or the pump being garbage. I did pull the hose all the way out and a little gas came however it wasn't more than 5 ounces. Almost seemed like I needed to prime the pump like a boat tank by squeezing the hose under the trailer before it got to the pump to get the 5 ounces of fuel.

Anyone had issues or advice on how to get the pump working again?
    Travis & Shannon
    2020 Momentum G21
    2021 Ford F-350 Lariat SRW

Rolling Along
    Whatever state the landing gear sits upon (Texas c
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does the 21G have dual tanks or single 30 gal?

Full-time Traveling Family ,'21 Momentum 395MS-R, '21 F450 King, 2000watts solar, Dual Victron MP-II 12/3000 2 x 120v, 1220ah LiFePo4

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have heard on some single tank fueling systems the suction for the fueling pump is higher up in the tank to ensure you don't pump out all the fuel leaving nothing for the generator.

Maybe your fuel level is too low?
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    30 Gallon single Tank...

Fuel is over half full, I've been trouble shooting it. I think there is a vacuum issue that is preventing a steady flow. I'm going to pull it apart in the next few weeks and I'll update my post on what it takes to get it working again.
    Travis & Shannon
    2020 Momentum G21
    2021 Ford F-350 Lariat SRW