User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ran Mobile Delvac 1300 Super in my 2001 Dodge Cummins, changed the oil at 5,000 mile intervals, and sent in samples to Blackstone Labs every oil change. After 120,000 miles, about 90,000 miles towing, Blackstone says the motor is basically perfect. They once said it wasn't possible for an engine to not wear, but it was possible for the wear to be undetectable, which applied to my Cummins. Needless to say I also use Delvac 1300 Super in my 2018 Cummins. And it's one of the cheapest oils out there: I bought 5 gallon bucket for $59 about a month ago. I agree with your mechanic: all the extra you get for your money is just the warm fuzzy feeling that comes from burning money.

And no way would I ever do a fluid flush on a transmission, unless it is just a straight pump through.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I’m going to just use the Mobil 1. I’ve used it in my other vehicles for quite a while. Thanks for all of the advice! It’s at the stealership now while they try to figure out the DS front end clunk, then I’ll do brakes and Fox front shocks, (it already has Fox 2.0s in the rear- stock emulsion shocks are garbage.), then send it for the rest of the 30k. It’s funny, the manual doesn’t even mention the service interval on the diffs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Josh Ward
    2022 Momentum 395 MS-R, 8k axles
    2020 Ram 3500 4 door, DRW, 4wd, diesel, 4:10, Airlift bags, Reese 27k hitch

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't know if you have other vehicles/engines to maintain, but if you do, it's hard to beat Rotella T6. It has about every cert you could want, gas engines, diesel engines, motorcycles, wet clutch, HD service. I used to have about 5 different kinds of oil for different engines, but now I'm down to "Everything gets T6". Typically 5W-40, but I got a good deal on the 15W-40 weight that I'll use in my engines that rarely/never see hard cold (lawnmower, motorcycle, etc).

Goes in the truck, goes in the genny, goes in anything that has an oil tank except the chainsaw.

It's also always in the hunt towards the top of oil tests and reasonably priced. I go through 40-50 gallons of it a year across all the farm equipment.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use Rotella T6 5W-40 in the Ford Diesel. I buy it either from Amazon or Tractor Supply. With supply problems I keep enough for 2 oil changes on hand all the time. My truck gets little usage but majority is towing. I change it at 1 year or 5,000 miles or when the truck tells me it’s time, which ever comes first.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails B107E7E1-BD2D-4C9A-8C7A-607C26C5B936.jpeg  
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In case you didn't know.Rotella is not what it once was. Don't get me wrong it is still a good product. Rotella use to have lead in it which is a very good lubricant. Now that converters are being put on diesel trucks they had to take the lead out as lead will plug up a converter.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12