User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CAUTION Opening kitchen slide out with 12V side by side Refrigerator 2022 320MKS

When you're ready to open your kitchen slide out and you have a 2022 320MKS make sure that the freezer door did not open during your travels and double check to see if it's closed by opening the dining room slide 1st walk around and check your freezer door. When you first look at your kitchen slide and fridge everything looks normal but as soon as you open it the freezer door, if open, will catch on the slide and practically break off. There also might be frozen items or defrosted items that may have slipped between the fridge and the slide out. I am trying to figure out a way to secure the doors. The plastic thingy they have to keep it closed is useless. Oh and watch out on the non-freezer side all our door trays cracked and fell off and are now useless.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RPERRY007 View Post
    When you're ready to open your kitchen slide out and you have a 2022 320MKS make sure that the freezer door did not open during your travels and double check to see if it's closed by opening the dining room slide 1st walk around and check your freezer door. When you first look at your kitchen slide and fridge everything looks normal but as soon as you open it the freezer door, if open, will catch on the slide and practically break off. There also might be frozen items or defrosted items that may have slipped between the fridge and the slide out. I am trying to figure out a way to secure the doors. The plastic thingy they have to keep it closed is useless. Oh and watch out on the non-freezer side all our door trays cracked and fell off and are now useless.

There is a bungee cord system that your dealer can get from from GD. On Amazon, search for refrigerator child lock. My dealer got the bungees from GD and also replaced the broken door trays under warranty.
    Last edited by WhittleBurner; 08-21-2022 at 08:00 AM. Reason: Removed duplicate quote
    Gil 'n Jenn
    Marble Falls, TX
    320MKS (coming out of a Class A)
    2970W / 800AH Victron & Battleborn
    F-350 (SRW, 7.3 Godzilla)

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First off, Welcome to the group !!
    As a general rule I open the slides with just enough room to slither by, check for open cabinet doors or other items that have moved or fallen. Slides are not forgiving and will crush what ever is there.Then go back and finish opening. That is with the frame slides.

Cannot do that with the Schwintec slides or the stopping , could throw the motors out of wack
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the heads up @RPERRY007, that could save some heartburn. And welcome to the forum, glad to have you aboard.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On my Momentum 394M, there are a couple of hazards to watch out for before operation of slides in the kitchen/LR area. The street side slide, which has the refrigerator and stove/over, has a pantry door that can be caught by opening the slide if the door latch has allow that door to open....even just very slightly. That door got caught a couple of years ago and broke the door handle. Fortunately I was in the trailer when I was opening that slide, rather than outside and using the phone app. I stopped it quick enough that the only damage was the door handle. That has been replaced AND I have added a safety latch so even if the door knob and latch would let go, the safety latch keeps it from happening.

The curbside slide, when bring it in, will catch the fold up countertop extension on the sink counter top. That one got tweaked a bit also, but basically not damage, as I was in the trailer when bringing it in and stopped it before it caused any serious damage. I NOW have a yellow post it note hanging on the wall where the slide room switch is with a warning. I can happen fast, and likely there are many models that have some kind of oops built in, if you aren't careful.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same problem early on with our 317MKS. Almost tore the rear slide frame off before stopping it. Post-It note on the controls if the slide is in and freezer door is open for defrost.
    Eddie, Cindy, n Maddie (our fearless Yorkie)
    2012 F-350 LWB 4x4 6.7 SRW C-cab with B&W Turnover + Companion pulling a 2017 307MKS Reflection