User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fsalmy View Post
    My examples are different beasts I know, but wonder if the complaints with the Sway Pro and F150s were on newer models that possibly didn't have an option to turn off sway control?
    Yes, I believe they were the newer F-150's (maybe last 3-4 years) that were the issues.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In my 2010 F150 and my current 2019 F150 it does state in the manual to deactivate built in sway control when using a WDH with sway control.
    Maybe there's enough play in the Blue Ox to activate the Ford anti sway which plays with then the truck will activate the brake on 1 side.
    If that is the case then I can see how they would fight with each other.
    Just to add to this, I have the Husky CenterLine and never had to disable the sway control on the truck.
    Last edited by Ynot4me2; 02-08-2023 at 12:27 PM. Reason: added comment
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like I will be digging into my f250 owners manual when I get home . hopefully I can turn it off or I may be selling and unused blue ox 1500.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do have the capability to turn off the function in my 2016f250 hd if it becomes necessary.
    Finally got the blue ox installed yesterday and got the truck and trailer setup leveled, just have a quick question. My trailer currently sits level. The blue ox instructions say that the trailer should be sitting level or slightly nose down. I am guessing that my 2017 reflection tt will tow better in a slightly nose down attitude. My travel weight sits around 9k give or take a couple hundred pounds when i am towing it.
    Would be easy to drop the ball another hole or 2 to give the trailer a nose down attitude. Was just wanting to get some thoughts and opinions.
    2016 f250 turbo diesel
    2017 GD reflection travel trailer

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Planedrvr View Post
    I do have the capability to turn off the function in my 2016f250 hd if it becomes necessary.
    Finally got the blue ox installed yesterday and got the truck and trailer setup leveled, just have a quick question. My trailer currently sits level. The blue ox instructions say that the trailer should be sitting level or slightly nose down. I am guessing that my 2017 reflection tt will tow better in a slightly nose down attitude. My travel weight sits around 9k give or take a couple hundred pounds when i am towing it.
    Would be easy to drop the ball another hole or 2 to give the trailer a nose down attitude. Was just wanting to get some thoughts and opinions.
    Imo a trailer should always be towed level
    I have no idea where this “nose down” idea came from
    Although it may be small and meaningless anything out of level is going to change the weight applied to each axle and imo I don’t think is a good idea
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right out of sway pros installation phamplet

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    Imo a trailer should always be towed level
    I have no idea where this “nose down” idea came from
    Although it may be small and meaningless anything out of level is going to change the weight applied to each axle and imo I don’t think is a good idea
    IMO nose down comes from conversations where RV owners with TT's can't get their TT perfectly level and need to choose between slightly high or low. Most consider slightly low to be the better choice.
    Being 1/2-1" low in the front won't make any difference on tire wear. BTDT with my TT. I have around 16,000 miles on the OEM GY Endurance tires and the front tires are still good for a few 1000 more miles. The TT is 1"+ low in the front.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will have plenty of time to try different combos. Between different links for flex in the bars to moving the hitch down 1 set of holes. Will find the best combination for my setup and will post my findings. Going to do this first trip with the tt level the way i have it now, and see if 9 or 10 links will work better for the blue ox setup. Also , play around with sway control on and off in my truck . Should be fun and see what the results are.
    2016 f250 turbo diesel
    2017 GD reflection travel trailer

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12