User Tag List

Page 2 of 103 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    JCR GD--I have not scaled the RV but with a GVWR of just shy of 12K and delivery pin weight of just shy of 1700, IF we were ever fully loaded, I imagine we would be a few hundred lbs. under tire capacity with the pin weight coming in at over 2K of course, thus less than 10K on the tires.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a little over 20K miles on our Westlakes. I have had one bad when I ran over something turning into a gas station in NY. I have another that needs to be replaced due to an alignment issue, but no cracks, leaks or other signs of trouble with them. I do have a TPMS, tires set pretty close to 80# cold and seldom drive over 65 mph.

Thanks,
    George
    George and Connie
    Commerce City, CO
    Webpilot
    Solitude 380FL
    2014 Ram 3500 Dually
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got 8700 miles on Westlakes on my 380th plus whatever miles were put on during delivery, so I estimates about 10,000 miles total. I run max psi which is 123 for mine and do use TPMS. I check pressure before every trip and try to have them as close to max as possible. As I recall from the Westlake presentation at Owners Rally last fall, the estimated mileage life was 15,000, so I plan to replace mine next Spring.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Alan and Kathleen
    2015 Momentum 380TH (RVD2)
    2014 Ford F350 Dually (Stormtrooper)
    2012 Honda Goldwing Navi/ABS (Land Speeder)

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My confidence is building.... keep 'um coming...

I'm running just over 17,000 lbs on my axles (6 tires) fully loaded. 21,000 lbs rated so I feel I'm comfortably under load ratings.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do think running over 65 and under the max. tire pressure leads to a lot of these issues. ST tires should always be aired up the max. air pressure as listed on the tire sidewalls. We have all seen RV'er running down the interstate at 75 + mph. It is a disaster waiting to happen. It also is possible that the china tires are not as robust as the Bridgestones and BF Goodrich among others so less room for error on low pressure or speeding.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Something to consider is that tire failure is not always immediate. If you find that you have been running a tire at low pressure and air it back up to spec, this does not mean that everything is fine again. Similarly running at high speed without a failure does not mean that a tire will not fail later, at lower speed . . . due to internal damage done at high speed.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TucsonJim View Post
    18,000 miles on our rig now, and no issues with the Westlake tires!

Jim

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk
    Jim, having looked across many forums I have discovered nobody so far that has tpms having a blow out. I'm sure it has happened but almost exclusively to people that don't have tpms. I have it on my truck and ordered the kit you are using. Those guys at the factory were great. Thanks for the referral.
    Scott & Carol Albuquerque, New Mexico
    2012 Ram 2500 Bagged, Tweaked Hard
    2015 Solitude 379FL
    Onan RV 5500 LP
    50 amp direct wired surge guard
    Go Power 3000 watt Inverter
    F1103110

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Scott you are most welcome. It sure gives me confidence going down the road.

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abqscott View Post
    Jim, having looked across many forums I have discovered nobody so far that has tpms having a blow out. I'm sure it has happened but almost exclusively to people that don't have tpms. I have it on my truck and ordered the kit you are using. Those guys at the factory were great. Thanks for the referral.
    Unfortunately my closest friend has had TMPS for a few years and multiple tire blowouts before he finally switched to LT tires. He has a Montana and I think it came with Tow King or Tow Master or something like that. He is the friend I have mentioned before here or maybe on FB that had 2 tires go and caused thousands in damage to the trailer.

I also have TMPS and have had numerous "false alarms" where the system told me I had a tire fail only to pull over and find the tire was fine. At least I can justify that as a "better safe than sorry" scenario.
    Paul "Poppy" and Deb Cervone
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE - SOLD ; 2015 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS - SOLD
    2016 GMC Denali 3500HD SRW Duramax/Allison CC 4x4; Tire Minder TPMS

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Poppy,

"Multiple tire blowouts" indicates that all these tires were previously pushed beyond their design limits. high speed ?, low pressure ?, overloaded ? . . . The actual failure (blowout) can occur many miles after the internal tire damage was done.

TPMS false alarms is disconcerting. I don't know which system you have, but I have come to really trust my TireMinder system. I had a few problems getting it set up (which turned out to be a bad signal booster) but the tech support from TireMinder was fantastic. If you don't have a system you can trust, it could cause you to ignore the one real warning in amongst the false alarms.
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Page 2 of 103 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast