Page 99 of 103 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101 ... LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That would nice except the tire service brought new tires out to us,
    don't neeed any more, hope I can get some other compensation towards a
    new wheel, will see have not got everything together yet for them.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, after reading all of the Westlake horror stories, and seeing that Goodyear Endurance seem to be the replacement tires of choice, I decided I should look into some replacements for my 2020 315RLTS. I went out to check the size and, what do you know, the tires that came on the trailer from the dealer are Goodyear Endurance.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by firstshirt View Post
    So, after reading all of the Westlake horror stories, and seeing that Goodyear Endurance seem to be the replacement tires of choice, I decided I should look into some replacements for my 2020 315RLTS. I went out to check the size and, what do you know, the tires that came on the trailer from the dealer are Goodyear Endurance.
    GDRV changed to GY Endurance on the Reflection line late last year (October/November as I recall) as a result of listening to owner feedback and competition switching to using GY Endurance as well.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MidwestCamper View Post
    JR, have you installed the Goodyear Endurance E rated ST225/75-15 tires on your Imagine 2600RB? Did you have enough clearance?
    Oh just saw this looking at something else. No the 225s rubbed I went back to 205.

I still have the same endurance tires...
    2015 JayCo Jay Flight Swift 238RB (totaled, bent frame 2" in 2017)
    2017 Grand Design Imagine 2600RB w/ MORryde CRE3000
    2005 Dodge Durango Limited 5.7L 4x4 - Monroe Load Adjusting Rear Struts, Bilstein 4600 front struts, Andersen hitch, AirLift 1000 Rear

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2020 GD Momentum 320G. I usually replace RV tires with Michelin XPS Ribs as soon as I buy a new RV. However, the Westlake Load Range G's that came with my Momentum looked very stout, so I kept them. Live in Texas, took one trip to Utah, another to Tennessee, one to Missouri and one to Virginia. So far no issues. Two tires manufactured in Dec 19 and two in Jan 20. The RV is kept under a full cover when not in use. Tires haven't quite reached the 4-5 year "death period" I've found most RV tires begin to fail at, so I'll probably run them at least until the middle of 2023 and then decide what to do. I consider RV tires to be a coin-toss after 4 years and usually not worth the risk to the RV. It doesn't seem to matter what brand, how often you check them or what size you use (RV weight and travel speed do seem to be a factor however). I usually try to keep my speed at 65 or below, and as of yet have not hauled my Polaris Ranger in the GD so that may also be factors. Just my two cents on tires after towing RV's since about 1975.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had a blowout last month with one of our Westlake "G" rated tires. They were manufactured in 2018, and have been fine so far. And I'm not so sure it was a faulty tire, as we had just shortly before that almost became airborne, truck and trailer, over a huge dip in the road. I think that may have damaged the tire enough to cause it to fail. No warning, it just popped. Damaged the J-Wrap, but didn't hurt anything else. We had to travel another couple hundred miles with no spare to get to someplace that had a replacement. And we put another 1,000 miles or more on the remaining tires with no further problems.

We stopped at a Big O tire store for a Sailun, with which I'm replacing the remaining Westlakes. I bought 3 more Sailun's online for slightly more than $150 more than what I paid for that one tire: $400 for one tire vs $540 for 3 of them shipped with taxes. Plus I will have to pay about $120 or so to have them mounted and balanced. I've had Sailun's before and loved them, over 6 years with no issues whatsoever.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BE CAREFUL,
    We had Weslake and one failed and tore up about $1400 of the trailer within 30 months of having the trailer new, tires were not yet 3 years old based on date stamp, only about 10,000 miles. for me, not worth it. next traielr if westlake, i will replace them immedialtely and give the other to a farmer to use out int he field.
    Jeff & Karen
    Peoria, Arizona

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A lot depends on the weight rating of those Westlakes, the "E" rated Westlakes are problematical, but the "G" rated seemed to do much better. As I said, my "G" rated was, IMO, damaged and that is what resulted in a blowout. I don't believe it was a faulty tire, too coincidental.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i don't recall the load rating, if i remeber correctly, they were E, anyhow, had a belt seperate and come off, good thing I am a mirror driver and stopped before it blew out. just tread damage to the trailer "J" wrap and some wiring.
    Jeff & Karen
    Peoria, Arizona

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Westlakes that exploded under 10K miles was "E" load rated, a 205. I replaced my GY Endurance tires a few months ago after 5 years before a 4K mile trip after it had been sitting in storage for almost years during pandemic, never had any problems with them, probably 15-20K miles on them. The tires still had some tread like 7-8/32s, but the storage lot was uncovered and the tires had cracks so I went ahead and spent the $700 to replace them all before I left on the trip. Spare looked OK so I kept it. So yea, the initial GY Endurance I bought lasted about 5.5 years before I pre-emptively replaced them due to cracks.
    2015 JayCo Jay Flight Swift 238RB (totaled, bent frame 2" in 2017)
    2017 Grand Design Imagine 2600RB w/ MORryde CRE3000
    2005 Dodge Durango Limited 5.7L 4x4 - Monroe Load Adjusting Rear Struts, Bilstein 4600 front struts, Andersen hitch, AirLift 1000 Rear

Page 99 of 103 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101 ... LastLast