User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another Schwintek issue ‘22 2400bh

Hello All, I’m looking for some helping in diagnosing the issue. I just bought this brand new from the dealer, used it once and now the slide closest to the bathroom won’t slide out. I tried calling the dealer along with 4 or 5 other dealers around and they are scheduling 3-5 months out. Mobile RV techs in the area are scheduling a month out. ( All in the Phoenix area ).

So, because I don’t want to lose the summer camping season, I’m looking to try and do what I can ( within reason ) to fix this myself with the help of you all.

Here’s the scoop on it. It’s stuck in. When I push the out button, the motors engage and they both move about 3-5 inches but then the “inner” part of the slide ( closest to the bathroom ) stops and then the farthest slide keeps going until it binds itself up and stops.

Here’s what I’ve done so far. First I swapped the plugs around on the controller, just to see if the problem would move to the other side, it did not. Then I ordered a cable just so I could use my own cable to make sure it wasn’t the cable itself, didn’t change anything. Then I took the motor out and applied power to it independently and it works fine. I then reinstalled the motor and it all does the same thing.

As well, I tried syncing the motors that didn’t work. I also learned that because it’s the “inner” side I can push on the slide while holding the Out button. If I push hard enough ( pretty hard ) then it will go out. And if it is out, it comes in just fine without issue.

Here’s a few 20 second videos or so just to show what I’m dealing with. There are no formal codes showing on the controller or anything, but it is showing something weird.
    Last edited by Tymeks45; 06-04-2022 at 05:46 PM.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Edit - Doesn’t appear I have permission to post videos yet.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Idea. Have you tried did long the sync?

Or

It may be a bad controller.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Reflection 312 BHTS, Silverado 2500 Duramax

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Disabling the sync.

2021 Reflection 312 BHTS, Silverado 2500 Duramax

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our new 2500RL slide was stuck in, took a mobile RV tech over an hour to get it out 6" so he could get the motor out. He then pushed it out to find the bottom roller on the stuck side was angled over 20 degrees, totally bound up... he made some adjustments and got us going but it still won't go in/out without being totally crooked no matter how much we try to sync the motors...

We tried a few things to narrow it down..

* Manual override to get it to go in/out - no luck
    * Swapped the motor 1 and motor 2 connectors on the controller (FYI, now the out button means in and the in means out). Same symptoms so basically it told us the motor and the wiring harness was fine and the mechanism was hung up. Proved to be true once the mobile tech got onsite.

Good luck and keep us posted

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toy4Rick View Post
    Our new 2500RL slide was stuck in, took a mobile RV tech over an hour to get it out 6" so he could get the motor out. He then pushed it out to find the bottom roller on the stuck side was angled over 20 degrees, totally bound up... he made some adjustments and got us going but it still won't go in/out without being totally crooked no matter how much we try to sync the motors...

We tried a few things to narrow it down..

* Manual override to get it to go in/out - no luck
    * Swapped the motor 1 and motor 2 connectors on the controller (FYI, now the out button means in and the in means out). Same symptoms so basically it told us the motor and the wiring harness was fine and the mechanism was hung up. Proved to be true once the mobile tech got onsite.

Good luck and keep us posted

This seems plausible for my issue. I did the same things as you, also tried the manual override, no luck. also tried swapping the connectors, same things, out was in and in was out, no change. My guess is that it can only be an installation issue of some sort. I’m going to take some measurements today based on the LCI manual and see if I can verify any installation issues of some kind.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyStar View Post
    Disabling the sync.

I did yeah, I tried syncing, multiple ways and times as well as just disabling it to push it out manually, no luck.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wish I could post a video here so you could see what the controller does when I active it ( either in or out ). It doesn’t throw any codes but it does do something weird.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure if this will work, but I posted the videos on Facebook here >>

https://www.facebook.com/10000061790...6784704851090/

As well, are the bottom rollers supposed to spin freely?? Doesn’t seem correct to me. ( video posted on facebook there )
    Last edited by Tymeks45; 06-05-2022 at 10:23 AM.

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tymeks45 View Post
    Not sure if this will work, but I posted the videos on Facebook here >>

https://www.facebook.com/10000061790...6784704851090/

As well, are the bottom rollers supposed to spin freely?? Doesn’t seem correct to me. ( video posted on facebook there )
    I have a Facebook account but, when I follow your link, I get a message stating "This content isn't available right now. When this happens, it's usually because the owner only shared it with a small group of people, changed who can see it or it's been deleted." Did you share it with everyone on FB?

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast