User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    I have a Facebook account but, when I follow your link, I get a message stating "This content isn't available right now. When this happens, it's usually because the owner only shared it with a small group of people, changed who can see it or it's been deleted." Did you share it with everyone on FB?

Rob
    I actually just realized that and went in and changed the settings. My apologies for that.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you go to lipperts tech course they explain a lot about how the unit works. Someone else advised looking into it and I have found it very informative on all things Lippert. https://lippert.thinkific.com/enrollments
    Glenn, Linda and King George of Willowview
    2019 Imagine 2500RL
    2023 chevy Silverado 2500 custom
    Micro air Easy start
    175 AH Lifepo4 Big Battery w Aili battery monitor
    TST 507

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toy4Rick View Post
    Our new 2500RL slide was stuck in, took a mobile RV tech over an hour to get it out 6" so he could get the motor out. He then pushed it out to find the bottom roller on the stuck side was angled over 20 degrees, totally bound up... he made some adjustments and got us going but it still won't go in/out without being totally crooked no matter how much we try to sync the motors...

We tried a few things to narrow it down..

* Manual override to get it to go in/out - no luck
    * Swapped the motor 1 and motor 2 connectors on the controller (FYI, now the out button means in and the in means out). Same symptoms so basically it told us the motor and the wiring harness was fine and the mechanism was hung up. Proved to be true once the mobile tech got onsite.

Good luck and keep us posted
    This is exactly what happened to ours too, except it was so bound up that it had to be completely disassembled to even get the slide to go back in. That was 3 months ago and we are still waiting on the parts to have it repaired.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Before we picked ours up, there were issues with our slide out. From what they said Lippert and GD went to an updated version of the slide rails, and they had a lot of failures. GD wound up going back to the old style.

Before we picked up, the dealer took the "H frame" off of a unit on the sales lot, and put it in ours to get us to take delivery. The unit on the lot was the older more reliable style.

Dunno if that helps or not.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tymeks45 View Post
    Not sure if this will work, but I posted the videos on Facebook here >>

https://www.facebook.com/10000061790...6784704851090/

As well, are the bottom rollers supposed to spin freely?? Doesn’t seem correct to me. ( video posted on facebook there )
    If you have the In Wall Slide the bottom floor rollers should support slide and not spin freely. Vertical weight should be fully on them and not on side gear drive V rollers or perimeter of slide.

If you do not have Lippert manuals for your slide go to their web site and down load them. There maybe manuals like user, installation and a third trouble shooting manual.

Lippert technical support has been very helpful for me in relation to slides. Call them and open a case number using your camper VIN. They will work you through the issue and may ask for photos. Make sure you ask who you are talking to because every time you call you will get a different person. When you get an email from them it may not state who sent it so keep notes as you troubleshoot.

If the H column is not mounted to camper wall with distance 2.5 +/- 1/8 or if racks are not correctly mounted it will vertically load the V rollers and no matter what a tech might tell you it should not. The V rollers are designed to guide horizontally. You may see rack teeth damage because gears are not sitting properly in rack due to mentioned errors. Lippert will ask you to take measurements of H column and rack locations. If H column and rack locations are correct then the floor rollers may need to be shimmed and the slide needs to be pulled out (and supported) past rollers to do this.

Even if you had a dealer or mobile tech ready to work on slide I would follow above recommendations to try get to root cause of problem the first time and not the second or third time they work on slide. The later times could end up being some time down the road when unit is out of warranty.

Facebook video still not playing.
    Last edited by TimtheToolMan; 06-23-2022 at 10:26 PM. Reason: Clarification and spelling

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12