User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do use a regulator, but I discovered the gauge is not working. That little fella may have been missed during winterizing.....

Yesterday after leaving the campground I dropped our camper off at a dealer that was near there. They had a night drop box so I outlined in the paperwork everything that transpired. This morning I get a call from them essentially stating there's nothing they can do for at least 3 weeks, that they're fully scheduled that far out. All this I anticipated, you can't own a camper and not know about the influx of new owners, which of course means more service work. I was put off though with the rejection of my request for someone to run out and at least drop the coroplast to air out the underbelly. I certainly wasn't expecting the problem to be fixed any time soon, but hoping to at least mitigate the moisture problem. That was all my assumption though, I own that.

So, I'll have to drive back down to get it ASAP, though it's only been one night I do NOT want to prolong it. Plus it sitting buttoned up with no connections is not exactly ideal with a wet belly.

Anyone ever change the underbelly insulation or would drying it out suffice? I don't know how susceptible to mold that stuff is.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    2014 F-350 Platinum SRW
    2021 Solitude 378-MBS-R

"Keep not standing fixed and rooted. Briskly venture, briskly roam."

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Moisture sensors have been on my list, but now they're getting moved to the top!

2014 F-350 Platinum SRW
    2021 Solitude 378-MBS-R

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UnMayor View Post
    I do use a regulator, but I discovered the gauge is not working. That little fella may have been missed during winterizing.....

Yesterday after leaving the campground I dropped our camper off at a dealer that was near there. They had a night drop box so I outlined in the paperwork everything that transpired. This morning I get a call from them essentially stating there's nothing they can do for at least 3 weeks, that they're fully scheduled that far out. All this I anticipated, you can't own a camper and not know about the influx of new owners, which of course means more service work. I was put off though with the rejection of my request for someone to run out and at least drop the coroplast to air out the underbelly. I certainly wasn't expecting the problem to be fixed any time soon, but hoping to at least mitigate the moisture problem. That was all my assumption though, I own that.

So, I'll have to drive back down to get it ASAP, though it's only been one night I do NOT want to prolong it. Plus it sitting buttoned up with no connections is not exactly ideal with a wet belly.

Anyone ever change the underbelly insulation or would drying it out suffice? I don't know how susceptible to mold that stuff is.

I’d drop the underbelly and let it air as much as possible. The source of the leak is a pretty simple fix, and you should consider DIYing it. Plenty of help available here to get it done. You can make it better than it was!

The insulation may be a wait and see deal.
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UnMayor View Post

I'mSent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    I don't know about the Solitude line but or reflection has a mylar sheet we insulation sitting on the coroplaast. When we dropped it for a repair we replaced it with Reflectix insulation.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This is a first to see a brass fitting fail, The nut and silver locking ring should not have come apart. It can't be put back together and needs to be replaced. Home Depot, Lowe's, or Ace usually have that fitting in stock. If possible replace it with a brass straight in barbed fitting - assuming there is slack in the hose. Its made slightly differently and is stronger. You will find them in the blister pack brass fitting section.

I try to carry spares as I have had two of the plastic ones fail

This is actually an easy fix you can do on your own.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A quick check on the specs, fittings should handle 200psi and 200F. It should not have failed if it was a high quality manufacturer.

Cheap brass fittings are probably worst than good plastic fittings. Isn't there a problem with the brass propane quick connect fittings?

It also could just be bad luck.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ended up transferring our camper to the dealer we bought it from as the initial lot said they're understaffed and wouldn't even be able to drop the coroplast for at least 3 weeks. The service manager at our purchase dealer said he'd drop it immediately if I could get it to him, so that's what I did.

I'm all for tackling stuff myself but we had a couple other small issues I wanted checked out while we still had warranty. Which actually ran out 3 days ago [emoji1787]
    Manager said it wouldn't be a problem though. I will be curious to hear their synopsis.

2014 F-350 Platinum SRW
    2021 Solitude 378-MBS-R

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I get odd looks when we leave the rig to sight see or shopping etc and shut off the water and propane. Had one person ask?
    My stock answer, because the rv industry does not perform inspections and forget about dealers!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Drop the coroplast, pull the insulation and toss it, as it will take weeks for it to dry. Let things dry for 2-3 days then put new insulation in (or not) and reinstall the coroplast. This takes a helper but it’s not hard.
    The unfaced insulation like the factory used will be hard to find, but you can peel the craft paper off some R-13 and use that.

Last comment re regulators. I’ve seen more RV regulators that don’t work than those that do. Most of them will leak internally allowing full line pressure to hit the plumbing. You can see this as a short burst of high pressure when you first open a valve, then it drops off..if you see this your PR is doing nothing for you.
    Last edited by Tim2542; 06-11-2022 at 02:43 PM.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerrybsd View Post
    I get odd looks when we leave the rig to sight see or shopping etc and shut off the water and propane. Had one person ask?
    My stock answer, because the rv industry does not perform inspections and forget about dealers!
    I try to turn off the water if there isn’t somebody awake at the trailer. I’ve though about an accumulator tank fed via a check valve for the toilet for middle of the night use.
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast