Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Regional build differences

We are in the market to purchase our first Grand Design. I have searched the interwebs for about an hour and have not been able to find an answer to: Does Grand Design vary anything on their Transcend trailers based on intended region of sale?

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MRKKEO View Post
    We are in the market to purchase our first Grand Design. I have searched the interwebs for about an hour and have not been able to find an answer to: Does Grand Design vary anything on their Transcend trailers based on intended region of sale?
    First off, looks like you're new here. Welcome to the forum!

What sort of changes would you think would be made? I have not heard of anything like that.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for having me! I've seen other manufactures have "west" and "east" versions of models. Showing my lack of knowledge in the industry here, but would I need to be concerned with a trailer sent to warmer region having less insulation than one sent to a cooler region? Please educate me

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for having me! I've seen other manufactures have "west" and "east" versions of models. Showing my lack of knowledge in the industry here, but would I need to be concerned with a trailer sent to warmer region having less insulation than one sent to a cooler region? Please educate me
    In the past I have seen the regional versions with other brands of trailers. I've never come across this looking at various GD trailer info.

However, your absolute best source of information would be to call Grand Design and ask.
    2020 Reflection 273MK

Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As far as I know (and I've toured the factory), all units in a particular Grand Design line (Solitude, Momentum, Reflection, Imagine, Transcend/Xplor) come off the same line with the same specifications. This is backed up by the specs on their web site and the "construction pages:"

Solitude: https://www.granddesignrv.com/showro...e/construction

Momentum: https://www.granddesignrv.com/showro...m/construction

Reflection: https://www.granddesignrv.com/showro...n/construction

Imagine: https://www.granddesignrv.com/showro...e/construction

Transcend: https://www.granddesignrv.com/showro...d/construction

Keep in mind that, until you get into residential class fifth wheels, terms like "Arctic Package" and "Four Seasons" are marketing ploys and don't reflect the true capabilities of the unit. This is true for any manufacturer.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Usually the west versions are made at a factory in the west. Shipping adds a big chunk of money to the dealer price of a rig in Seattle vs. Indianapolis.
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think this "West" designation in the case of Grand Design is State required certification seals (CA, WA, OR). I have owned 3 Grand Design Trailers. Two were purchased in the Midwest and one in the West. The one purchased in the West has extra State seals on the trailer and associated fees on the MSRP sheet. Other than that, I believe they are the same trailers.
    Frank & Jolynn Martin
    Litchfield, MN
    Mabel & Bailey, Golden Retriever Fur Kids
    2019 RAM 3500 CTD, CC, LB, B&W Turnover Ball, AirLift 5000 Bags
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 4440# CCC, Reese 20K GooseBox, 8K EOH Disc brakes, RV Airflow, SoftStartRV, 2-206AH SOK batteries, Victron Multiplus II, Victron 30A DC2DC,790W of Solar, Flex Armor Roof, Blu Tech Water Filtration, BlazeCut Fire Suppression

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the responses. Sounds like they are the same trailer regardless of purchasing/shipping location.