Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Generator types

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    A long time ago I had one of those 'not so quiet' generators. I wasn't the most popular person around. And that was at NASCAR races back when - when things were a bit more rowdy than they are now. In fact, one time after I shut it off for the evening folks nearby actually applauded. I have to say I can't blame them, I was glad for the quietness too.

I think a less expensive quiet generator would be a good choice. If I was to do it again I think I'd be looking at the Generac GM3300i. It seems a fair price from a reputable company.

I know I keep carrying on about all this, but one more thing. I carry a 2.5 gallon gas 'can' in the bed of my truck and just put it by the camper in the shade once we set up (the generators are in the front bay). I don't even bother to fill the 'can' anymore, a gallon goes a long way and is easier to carry. And I can always find a gas station close by the few times I might need to refill.
    The thing I read a ton is many generators say, "quiet" on them. Not really sure what quiet is. Heck, a cricket at 1am is loud to me.
    Upstate NY
    2022 Ford F150 with trailer tow package
    2022 Transcend Xplor 231rk
    2021 Shih Tzu Millie

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    haha.... I won't go into the whole snoring thing when thinking about being quiet at night.

Quite is being able to have a normal conversation at a campsite while a generator just hums in the background (like on most motorhomes).

Stop by some random roofers working and listen to their 'not so quite' genrators (or gas powered air compressors). That's give you and idea.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    haha.... I won't go into the whole snoring thing when thinking about being quiet at night.

Quite is being able to have a normal conversation at a campsite while a generator just hums in the background (like on most motorhomes).

Stop by some random roofers working and listen to their 'not so quite' genrators (or gas powered air compressors). That's give you and idea.
    Looks like 60db or less is "quiet".
    Upstate NY
    2022 Ford F150 with trailer tow package
    2022 Transcend Xplor 231rk
    2021 Shih Tzu Millie

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I finally purchased an inverter generator. Reading up on the break-in period and oil change intervals. I certainly can record time/hours on my cell but is there an aftermarket digital monitor you can attach to a generator to monitor hours, watts, etc?
    John and Lori
    2018 XLT 2.7l
    2021 Imagine 22mle

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JHC210 View Post
    I finally purchased an inverter generator. Reading up on the break-in period and oil change intervals. I certainly can record time/hours on my cell but is there an aftermarket digital monitor you can attach to a generator to monitor hours, watts, etc?
    This is what I use: Runleader Hour Meter Tachometer, Maintenance Reminder, Alert RPM Reminder, Initial Hours Settable, Battery Replaceable , Use for Lawn Mower Generator Marine ATV and Gas Powered Equipment (HM058B-BU) https://a.co/d/67MFv9Q
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234