User Tag List

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Residential Fridge For 2019 Mo 397

We are trying to research which counter depth residential fridges will work in our 2019 397 once we remove the Norcold absorption fridge. So far I have not been able to find anyone on the web or on the forum that has posted what worked for them. I think the newer models come with the Samsung 18-cu-ft- model #RF18A5101SR. The Samsung is 33” wide & 28.13 “ deep which is 2” less in width & a little over an inch deeper than the Norcold. If anyone has replaced their original Norcold with a residential model, let me know what you used please. TIA!

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Luckyboy View Post
    We are trying to research which counter depth residential fridges will work in our 2019 397 once we remove the Norcold absorption fridge. So far I have not been able to find anyone on the web or on the forum that has posted what worked for them. I think the newer models come with the Samsung 18-cu-ft- model #RF18A5101SR . The Samsung is 33” wide & 28.13 “ deep which is 2” less in width & a little over an inch deeper than the Norcold. If anyone has replaced their original Norcold with a residential model, let me know what you used please. TIA!
    I can confirm that the samsung model you reference is what comes in the new units (I have one). In my parents Jayco pinnacle we replaced their 4 door norcold with a 36" wide KitchenAid SxS. He was able the modify the opening for to fit.
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R
    2024 GMC Denali ultimate DRW

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We installed an Haier fridge in our 381M to replace our 18 cubic foot Norcold. The Haier line is made by GE and offers several models that had the right depth to replace the Norcold. We are very pleased with the four door model we installed. Home Depot has them on sale now.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Haier-16...47269-23-12140

The Haier was 33' wide as compared to the 36" wide Norcold. I installed some wood trim to close the extra space on the and then wrapped it with vinyl wood finish tape available from Grand Design to match the original trim. I can send pics if you want.

At the same time I did this I took the opportunity to add a Lithium battery. I can now run the fridge from the battery during 8-10 hours of travel.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Put a 15cf Haier in our 2018 303 and works fantastic! 102degrees right now and it took 3 hrs to cool down to 34 in fridge minus 2 freezer. Uses minimal power.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1281.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	88.4 KB 
ID:	41081
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1354.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	89.9 KB 
ID:	41082
    Installed in 2020.
    Pam & Ed
    "Just Kruse'n"

Momentum 376TH (New 11/04/2016)
    Full Timing since 11/04/2016
    2017 Ram 3500 DRW Aisin 3.73

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did you complete this?

We are trying to research which counter depth residential fridges will work in our 2019 397 once we remove the Norcold absorption fridge. So far I have not been able to find anyone on the web or on the forum that has posted what worked for them. I think the newer models come with the Samsung 18-cu-ft- model #RF18A5101SR. The Samsung is 33” wide & 28.13 “ deep which is 2” less in width & a little over an inch deeper than the Norcold. If anyone has replaced their original Norcold with a residential model, let me know what you used please. TIA!
    ——we have a 2018 Momentum 397. I dislike the Norcold fridge & would love to put in the Samsung model. Has anyone completed this & was there any issues during install?

Thank you!!

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We installed a Whirlpool 36” 19.4 cf residential stainless steel fridge from Home Depot. Model number WRQA59CNKZ. One of the best upgrades we’ve made. Power consumption is so much less than the Norcold.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Separate Inverter?

We installed a Whirlpool 36” 19.4 cf residential stainless steel fridge from Home Depot. Model number WRQA59CNKZ. One of the best upgrades we’ve made. Power consumption is so much less than the Norcold.
    ——my husband is wondering if did had to install an inverter or a separate battery? Thank you!

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We already had a 3000 watt inverter that we had installed with our solar and lithium batteries.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieselmommy View Post
    ——my husband is wondering if did had to install an inverter or a separate battery? Thank you!
    You'll need an inverter to run a residential fridge while rolling down the road. More/different batteries could be in your future too. This is assuming you're presently running an absorption fridge.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S