Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

320g axle upgrade

hi Gang, Has anyone swapped for 8k axels after initial purchase and if so what was involved. With the 7k axels I cant put anything like my Harley in the garage if the water tank if full ; (

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same problem on my 351R. I upgraded to Dexter 4000lb. springs but not the axles. I only run with 10 to 15 gals or fresh water as I do not camp off grid. I'm less then a hundred lbs. over per axle so I think I'm ok to stay with the same axles.
    2021 351MR
    2017 Jayco 377rlbh (sold)

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am sure someone should come on that knows the exact parts difference, but from what I know, it is the axle, upgraded springs, hydraulic brakes, and bigger tires (17.5"). I don't believe anything is different to the actual trailer.

The usual disclaimer, even though if you do the switch, and the trailer is identical to one that came from the factory, you can not change to the upgraded GVWR (18K). Not that I would have any problems running the higher weight.
    2023 Chevy 3500HD CC SB 4x4 Dmax
    2021 GD 320G with 8K axles

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Weinhofer View Post
    hi Gang, Has anyone swapped for 8k axels after initial purchase and if so what was involved. With the 7k axels I cant put anything like my Harley in the garage if the water tank if full ; (
    I have a 320G and I weighed mine with a RZR in the back fully loaded up with enough supplies for a week, and half a tank of water and still had about 500 pounds to spare. The RZR weighs more then my Harley by about 400 pounds.

I now have hauled my Harley to Texas and back to Colorado a few times and had no issues. I have upgraded my hubs and outer bearing to 8k bearing with wet hubs and disk brake though. By the way disk brakes are money well spent, I’m not sure they are not standard equipment.
    2021 F350 CC LB
    DW, diesel, 4x4
    2020 Momentum 320G

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mostad View Post
    I have a 320G and I weighed mine with a RZR in the back fully loaded up with enough supplies for a week, and half a tank of water and still had about 500 pounds to spare. The RZR weighs more then my Harley by about 400 pounds.

I now have hauled my Harley to Texas and back to Colorado a few times and had no issues. I have upgraded my hubs and outer bearing to 8k bearing with wet hubs and disk brake though. By the way disk brakes are money well spent, I’m not sure they are not standard equipment.
    Do you have the Happijac bunks/beds in the garage? Hard to believe you're 500 lbs. under, and with a half-tank of water.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    Do you have the Happijac bunks/beds in the garage? Hard to believe you're 500 lbs. under, and with a half-tank of water.
    I do not, I do have the sliding glass doors and the patio rails. I found my cat scale weight sheet and this is what it shows.

I had an extra 2320 on the rear axle of the truck and 13360 on the trailer axles, total was 15,680. Total weight truck and trailer was a total of 24,940.

I was heading to Moab Utah to play, the RZR was a 2014 800cc trails with a few mods.

I have not weighed the unit with the Harley which is a 2019 street glide.

I should mention my GVWR is 16,800 pounds and shipped empty weight is 12,434 pounds with the hitch weight being 2,150 pounds.
    Last edited by mostad; 06-30-2022 at 10:11 PM.
    2021 F350 CC LB
    DW, diesel, 4x4
    2020 Momentum 320G

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Happijac bed/sofa add a huge amount of weight for no more than what they are. Without those you save a lot.

Looks like you have a light pin too, about 15%, mine is 17% IIRC.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S