Quote Originally Posted by Butcher View Post
It's all an accident until a member of your family gets hurt/killed. Why do people change their mind once it happens to someone you love?

My term professional means you are trained. If you are trained, you should know better and held at a higher level of scrutiny.

If not ignorant, does not make you incompetent? Google the definitions.

A mistake is not securing 1 nut/bolt. All of them is not a mistake.

My goal is to let everyone that reads this to think a bit differently. A 'simple' tire replacement done poorly could kill someone. If you cannot accept the risks of doing your job and double checking your work, you need to hire someone that can. If this makes you uncomfortable, then it should. If it makes you double check your work, good. Better than a face full of tire/wheel or being in jail or penniless.

If we all spent just a few minutes to think that our actions can be deadly, stuff like this would not happen, or at least happen a bit less.

When I was a Shop Foreman, I grilled my guys to make certain they know their mistake could kill someone. The cars I worked on were owned by some of the riches people in the world. Certainly a front page story.

Maria's Law. Google it. It's sad to think you have to pass a law that should be common sense. 'I'm sorry' does not make her whole again.
https://www.westsideseattle.com/west...-her-own-terms
You greatly overestimate the competence of RV service people, especially the ones assigned to routine tasks like bearing service. My grandson worked at a trailer shop last year and was doing unsupervised bearing service his first day. He called his dad for advice because he didn’t think his co-workers knew what they were doing.

My nephew got a job at an oil change place and got paid for the first oil change he’d ever done in his life.

Most RV owners who do their own repairs are much more qualified than most of the “pros”.