User Tag List

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not Your Typical TV Mounting Bracket Question

I have read every TV mounting bracket post but have not come across what I'm searching for.

The previous owner of my 2021 Imagine 22MLE did not leave the TV behind. More importantly, without leaving the wedge shaped bracket that mounts to the back of the TV and which connects to the wedge shaped mounting bracket in the trailer. The mount in the trailer (see pics) is very similar to the Paw International brackets found on Amazon. Ideally I'd like to retain the mounting bracket in the trailer as it has the locking mechanism for keeping the TV secure when travelling.

I'm assuming the TV (and mount) is not unique to just the Imagine 22MLE. Calls to GDRV Customer Support and the dealer have all been unsuccessful. There are lots of TV mounting brackets out there but I'm looking for one that will match the existing trailer bracket.

Would appreciate hearing back from GD owners who may have the same mounting bracket on the back of their TV's to determine if there is a manufacturer's name on it and/or, anyone who might have had the same issue and what the work-around was.

Thanks.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0947.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	76.6 KB 
ID:	41083Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0949.jpg 
Size:	50.7 KB 
ID:	41084
    2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2018 Ram 2500HD 6.7L Cummins Turbo Diesel 4X4

"The simplest act of kindness trumps the greatest of intentions"

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Appears to be the same bracket used on our 2019 295RL living room TV. You might be able to use this as an example when talking with GD about what you need. They should be able to look it up as well for your trailer too.

https://www.granddesignrv.com/owner-...s/detail/36196
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trailrydr View Post
    Appears to be the same bracket used on our 2019 295RL living room TV. You might be able to use this as an example when talking with GD about what you need. They should be able to look it up as well for your trailer too.

https://www.granddesignrv.com/owner-...s/detail/36196
    Thanks for the reply. Yes I saw that bracket from GD (albeit it doesn't have the wedge) but was hoping that I didn't have to change out the trailer bracket if possible. I may have to go that route if I can't find anything else. Unfortunately I can't get GD Customer Service to answer the phone. Two calls and a half hour on hold plus opting to have them return my call has been unsuccessful. I have sent them an email in hopes that works.
    2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You might try the GD Parts lookup (https://www.granddesignrv.com/owner-...y/parts-lookup). Looks like this is the TV that came with your coach (https://www.granddesignrv.com/owner-...s/detail/71712). Probably many/most VESA standard mounts will attach to the TV. You may have to bolt the standard mount to the one shown in your post, am I missing something, or is this fairly easy?
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by diventure View Post
    I have read every TV mounting bracket post but have not come across what I'm searching for.

The previous owner of my 2021 Imagine 22MLE did not leave the TV behind. More importantly, without leaving the wedge shaped bracket that mounts to the back of the TV and which connects to the wedge shaped mounting bracket in the trailer. The mount in the trailer (see pics) is very similar to the Paw International brackets found on Amazon. Ideally I'd like to retain the mounting bracket in the trailer as it has the locking mechanism for keeping the TV secure when travelling.

I'm assuming the TV (and mount) is not unique to just the Imagine 22MLE. Calls to GDRV Customer Support and the dealer have all been unsuccessful. There are lots of TV mounting brackets out there but I'm looking for one that will match the existing trailer bracket.

Would appreciate hearing back from GD owners who may have the same mounting bracket on the back of their TV's to determine if there is a manufacturer's name on it and/or, anyone who might have had the same issue and what the work-around was.

Thanks.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0947.jpg 
Size:	76.6 KB 
ID:	41083Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0949.jpg 
Size:	50.7 KB 
ID:	41084
    I checked with our Part's department.

We usually have the matching other half, but they are out of stock at all suppliers. None to be found....

Grand Design does have the entire mount available.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soundsailor View Post
    You might try the GD Parts lookup (https://www.granddesignrv.com/owner-...y/parts-lookup). Looks like this is the TV that came with your coach (https://www.granddesignrv.com/owner-...s/detail/71712). Probably many/most VESA standard mounts will attach to the TV. You may have to bolt the standard mount to the one shown in your post, am I missing something, or is this fairly easy?
    Thanks for this. I agree there are several mounts out there that will work with a new TV but bolting it to the existing wedge mount on the trailer won't work because the wedge is extruded and therefore, won't bolt up tight.
    2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    I checked with our Part's department.

We usually have the matching other half, but they are out of stock at all suppliers. None to be found....

Grand Design does have the entire mount available.

Thanks for your efforts in checking your Part's Dept. If I can ever get through to GD or hear back from them, hopefully purchasing the entire mount will be an option.
    2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE