User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad873 View Post
    I am stuck without my Imagine that I purchased in last November. It has been at the dealer since early May waiting on parts to repair problems. One slide needs new H rails, 2 windows don't latch, and the refrigerator fan is going out. How did they not catch the slide out did not work correctly and that windows didn't latch? This seems like any quality check should have identified before it gets in the hands of the customer. The fan motor I can see, because if they turn it on and it doesn't make noise, they assume it's fine.
    Lots of stories like yours..... some were out for almost a year on a new trailer waiting for slide service on a "just" drove off the lot and parked unit.
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been window shopping and one thing I have noticed is never buy anything sitting on the lot with a sale price sticker. The dealers where I live have lots of traffic with people in and out of trailers all day. Last Saturday I went to Jayco dealership and 2 of the trailers already had broken or loose trim. I found one with broken struts under the bed. Everything I looked at was brand new. I looked at a keystone trailer and the bathroom sink was detached from the wall and one of the outside storage door clips was ripped off with the door hitting me in the head since the lock pin was broken. I am headed to the Grand Design dealership tomorrow and can’t wait to find some abused models!
    Last edited by Grandstander; 06-24-2022 at 08:09 PM.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guessing workers see the writing on the wall with the projected tank in sales and dont care.
    I would put most of the issues on the dealer.
    But theyre prolly swamped fixing sold warranty issues.
    No brand is immune from problems.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All RV manufacturers use the same suppliers- Dometic, Atwood, Lippert, etc. A couple make their own frames or use heavier ones. Other than that not much difference between any. When GD started they were known for their customer service- they went above and beyond any other manufacturer to send you free parts well past the warranty period. Now for the most part they are no better than anyone else. I have had two GDs, and three Forest River units. I have saw no difference in build quality.
    When I bought my first GD in '16 I paid a premium for it over the other brands. I will not do that again when its time for another one. I don't have any complaints about GD (other than the fact that they screwed this forum and us, and the fact that they will bend over backwards if you complain on FB). I just don't see that they are worth a premium
    Donald AKA johndeerefarmer
    2020 Ford F350 Powerstroke diesel
    2017 F150 ecoboost max tow
    2016 Reflection 29RS VIN# 573FR322XG3305717

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by johndeerefarmer View Post
    All RV manufacturers use the same suppliers- Dometic, Atwood, Lippert, etc. A couple make their own frames or use heavier ones. Other than that not much difference between any. When GD started they were known for their customer service- they went above and beyond any other manufacturer to send you free parts well past the warranty period. Now for the most part they are no better than anyone else. I have had two GDs, and three Forest River units. I have saw no difference in build quality.
    When I bought my first GD in '16 I paid a premium for it over the other brands. I will not do that again when its time for another one. I don't have any complaints about GD (other than the fact that they screwed this forum and us, and the fact that they will bend over backwards if you complain on FB). I just don't see that they are worth a premium
    I bought a GD because it was the cheapest. Unsure why you paid a premium

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by johndeerefarmer View Post
    All RV manufacturers use the same suppliers- Dometic, Atwood, Lippert, etc.
    Indeed, there are probably only a few suppliers that make 99% of all RV components. The biggest is likely Lippert. But they haven't bought Dometic or Thetford yet. Give it time.

Does GD make anything other than the walls? I'm not sure who builds the cabinets.
    Current: 2021 Transcend 261BH, 2019 Ford F250 SRW SWB CC 6.2 - Picture
    Previous: 2016 Jayco X213, 2014 F150 EB 3.5

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    most manufacturers build cabinets in house, except for countertops , now that laminated countertops are a thing of the past.

most of the major cabinetry would be installed before the walls are put up in GD's case.
    Last edited by gfl123; 07-06-2022 at 08:15 AM.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I went to the GD dealer and they keep their trailers locked. I walked around with the sales person and checked out a bunch of models. I asked him about QC issues and I was surprised to hear him say that during the two years of covid he saw many inconsistencies (poor workmanship) in what he received from the manufacture. He went on to say that everything he has gotten in since early spring has been back on par. I have to say that I looked at 4 different models and I was visually impressed with the quality from the smallest to the largest Imagine line up. I am looking to purchase a 21BHE, but he did not have one on the lot.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Freebird
    Welcome to the club, dismal as it may be. Three and half years ago when I got my fifth wheel I thought it curious that the QC sticker on the pin box wasn't signed. The first trip out and subsequent events clued me into why. If there even was a QC inspection no person of integrity would have put their name on it. I got fed up with the quality, build and engineering of the 260RD I had and sold it. While customer support was good, largely because I found a CS agent that cared, would help and latched onto her. My initial experience with the first agent wasn't so good. Great customer support doesn't really help when you have a blow out due to poor quality tires or a failed hub on an axle that has been discontinued (probably never should have been used in the first place) and parts aren't available.
    I'm not implying any others are better as the more I looked I saw the same in other manufacturers. Good luck I hope you get it figured out.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked ace View Post
    Freebird
    Welcome to the club, dismal as it may be. Three and half years ago when I got my fifth wheel I thought it curious that the QC sticker on the pin box wasn't signed. The first trip out and subsequent events clued me into why. If there even was a QC inspection no person of integrity would have put their name on it. I got fed up with the quality, build and engineering of the 260RD I had and sold it. While customer support was good, largely because I found a CS agent that cared, would help and latched onto her. My initial experience with the first agent wasn't so good. Great customer support doesn't really help when you have a blow out due to poor quality tires or a failed hub on an axle that has been discontinued (probably never should have been used in the first place) and parts aren't available.
    I'm not implying any others are better as the more I looked I saw the same in other manufacturers. Good luck I hope you get it figured out.
    Interesting, my 399 didnt have the QC sticker on the pin box signed either.

Getting out of camping for now, or looking for something else?
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast