Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Outdoor Kitchen Stove LP Quick Connect

Hope someone here can offer me some direction with this but I have a new to me 18 Imagine 2670MK that has the outdoor kitchen stove with a quick connect pigtail that was evidently never hooked up to the RV. I located the female quick connect on the RV's lp line under the kitchen slide and have a hose to make the connection. Problem is that on my recent trip I attempted to use said stove but only was able to make endless, frustrating and ultimatel futile attempts to light the burners once the hose was connected. It's as if no lp is flowing to the stove. Anyone have something for me to try. I'm pretty certain I have the right hose. The quick connect fittings locked in solidly at both ends but just couldn't get the stove going. Thanks in advance!!
    2018 Grand Design Imagine 2670MK
    2022 Toyota Tundra CrewMax SR5 4X4

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you turn on the valve that's on/near the quick connect? In this image it's the lever that's on top. If the lever is perpendicular to the flow of propane, then the valve is closed.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	propane-quick-connectors-w-ball-valve22235476421-2631506589.png 
Views:	8 
Size:	445.5 KB 
ID:	41113

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't see a valve like that. The quick connect fitting under the slide appears to simply be a branch off the same fitting that feeds the inside stove.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't see a valve like that on the fitting but will definitely look again. The quick connect fitting under the slide appeared to simply be a T off the same fitting that feeds the inside stove. I'll take a look as soon as I get home and let you know. Thanks so much for the quick reply. I'll see about getting a picture too.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks again for pointing me the right direction Tom. Turns out there in fact is a valve on the QC fitting but the little handle that operates it is broken off. Looks like a quick easy fix to replace. Take care.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a quick follow up, but thanks again Tom for the advice. That was the problem. Had no idea there was a shut off on the QC itself. Replacement completed yesterday and working perfectly. Now I have an outside kitchen stovetop I'll probably seldom use like everyone else. Kidding aside, I wanted it for a blackstone lp source anyway.
    2018 Grand Design Imagine 2670MK
    2022 Toyota Tundra CrewMax SR5 4X4

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m glad I could help, but more importantly, I’m glad you were able to fix it. Don’t knock the outdoor kitchen until you’ve tried it. I come from a tent camping background, so I’ve enjoyed being able to cook outdoors.