User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How do you place it in manual mode? I have not looked at the controller in our MLE yet. I believe it is in the dinette seat by the pantry.
    Randy and Kris

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post
    How do you place it in manual mode? I have not looked at the controller in our MLE yet. I believe it is in the dinette seat by the pantry.
    Press the small button on the controller 6 times, on the 7th, hold until the lights start flashing. Then run the slide.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am still struggling with the same issue, Last night the slide would stop on the kitchen end and then the other end after moving about 6 inches or so. I tried several times over a few hours without putting the controller in manual and I had the same problem every time. For the fun of it, I disconnected the battery for about a minute and reconnected. Went inside and the slide went out perfect. Brough it back in and with no problem. I have ran it in an our a few times this morning and still working fine. I expect the issue to return but for now it seems to be working. I have an appointment with an RV tech on Monday to look at it but if it continues to work I will have to cancel as I will no be able to show him the issue. Any idea why disconnecting the battery would resolve this, at least for now ?

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought a new wiring harness (controller to motor) and plugged it in yesterday morning. Since I installed the new harness I've tried it on five separate occasions without a hitch. I'm going to leave it connected for the next serval days and try it a couple of times a day to see if it fails. If it doesn't fail then I'm going to have to think about opening the underbelly and replacing the wiring harness.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is interesting Gary, Mine starting failing again today after trying the battery disconnect. Post an update if it solves your issue. Also did you get the wiring harness from Amazon ?

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi RDG470

I actually bought a new controller, motor, and wiring harness from Amazon. I changed out the motor, but that is not the problem. I have 30 days to return these parts so if indeed it is the wiring harness I'll return the motor and controller. Not sure I want to attempt to open the underbelly myself so I may have to take it to a shop. I'll see if I have a failure over the next several days and then decide what to do.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gary007 View Post
    Intermittently the Schwintek controller displays error code 8 on motor 1 which tells me there is a short somewhere in the system. I can check it one day and the slide goes in and out without a problem but the next day it may only move a few inches and I have to put the controller in manual to get it to come fully in or out. How would you check the continuity between the controller and the motor if the problem is intermittent? Is this a project for a DIY person to undertake or should I just take it back to the dealer? Since the trailer is not under warranty any longer I fear this is going to be a costly repair. Any thoughts or advice will be appreciated.
    First, it could be any one of those things, as others have mentioned, BUT: Been through this 5X already on my Imagine and we got same error code each time. "Short between controller and motor". Replaced complete wire and harness, swapped harnesses with functioning motor each time. Never resolves the issue, period. Despite the error code, if you can bypass the controller and run the slide in and out, the only thing that ever solves the issue is a complete motor replacement. I even bought the cheaper motors from Amazon and e-bay and they don't work either. Again, independent of error code, buying a completely new genuine Lipper Motor is the only thing that solves it. Called a mobile tech the last time I was getting a "controller" error and he confirmed by telling me the same thing.

I say all this knowing your issue may be different, as it does appear to be working intermittently, but I would try bypassing the controller. If that works each time, you can pretty much assume you have an issue with the sensor inside the motor and it needs to be replaced IMO.

I hate Schwintek slides. Who thought two motors requiring a controller and synchronization was a good idea?
    David Pisano
    2018 Imagine 2950RL

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Gary, Let me know if the wiring harness works for you or are still having issues. Also, I find David's reply above interesting. When you swapped out your motor was it a Lippert motor of one of the others sold on Amazon. I am thinking of ordering a Lippert motor based on David's experience. They are pricey but I could always return it if it is not the issue. Mine is really strange, yesterday it would not come in and I tried 3 of 4 times, always stopped on the kitchen end. I do nothing to it, never put it in manual mode, last night I go out to lock up the trailer and for a laugh I decided to try it again. It came in all the way, perfect timing. This morning I tried to take it back out and it stops on the kitchen end again. It is just random when it wants to work.
    Thanks for keeping me update on your experience!

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Take a look at the seals where the track goes in. On mine, the seals were not trimmed well and the gears on the motor were catching a bit of the seal. When the seal was trimmed back a bit, the slideout went in and out way more smoothly. If your trim is really interfering, it could easily turn the slide enough to jam it.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update. I removed the old wiring harness from the controller to the motor and installed a new one. I currently have a new motor and wiring harness. I inspected the old wiring harness and couldn't find any visible problems with the wire or its connections. The slide works perfectly now. I have run it in and out every day now for three days with no problems. I'm going to keep my fingers crossed and hope for no further problems. I'd like to think everyone who offered their suggestions and encouragement, it is appreciated, and gave me the confidence to tackle this project.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast