User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dpisano View Post

I hate Schwintek slides. Who thought two motors requiring a controller and synchronization was a good idea?
    RV service centers who can charge $150+/hr love Schwintek.
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Sold: 2015 27RL
    2016 Ram 3500 Crewcab Cummins SRW

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gary007 View Post
    Update. I removed the old wiring harness from the controller to the motor and installed a new one. I currently have a new motor and wiring harness. I inspected the old wiring harness and couldn't find any visible problems with the wire or its connections. The slide works perfectly now. I have run it in and out every day now for three days with no problems. I'm going to keep my fingers crossed and hope for no further problems. I'd like to think everyone who offered their suggestions and encouragement, it is appreciated, and gave me the confidence to tackle this project.
    How hard was it to run the new wiring harness ?

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi RDG470
    Running the new wiring harness was a lot easier than I thought it was going to be. First I removed the spray foam from the hole where the wire goes into the floor to the underbelly, then I removed the foam from the outside of the frame where the wire emerges. Next, I removed several of the 3/8" self-tapping screws that hold the underbelly in place near where the wire emerges and goes up to the motor. With the screws removed it gave me enough room to get my hand in between the coroplast material and the frame. I had my wife pull on the wire in the trailer as I held the wire with my hand inserted between the coroplast and frame, the wire moved easily with no restrictions. I used electrical tape to attach the new wire to the old one and pulled it through the floor and down to the hole through the frame. Plugged the new wire into the motor and tried the slide a couple of times and it worked perfectly. Spray foamed the holes and reinstalled the screws and I was done. I'm not sure what the problem was but replacing the motor and wiring harness seems to have solved the problem, time will tell.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by minnow101 View Post
    RV service centers who can charge $150+/hr love Schwintek.
    I’m watching a Lippert training video as we speak. Looks like becoming a Schwintek expert is now part of the requirements to own an RV.
    I’m still shaking my head that they designed a system where stopping the slide part way in or out can cause problems. There are an unlimited number of reasons a person might need to stop a slide part way.
    2022 Reflection 150 278BH
    2023 Silverado 2500HD Gas
    “If you like how it tows, don’t change anything.”

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gary007 View Post
    Hi RDG470
    Running the new wiring harness was a lot easier than I thought it was going to be. First I removed the spray foam from the hole where the wire goes into the floor to the underbelly, then I removed the foam from the outside of the frame where the wire emerges. Next, I removed several of the 3/8" self-tapping screws that hold the underbelly in place near where the wire emerges and goes up to the motor. With the screws removed it gave me enough room to get my hand in between the coroplast material and the frame. I had my wife pull on the wire in the trailer as I held the wire with my hand inserted between the coroplast and frame, the wire moved easily with no restrictions. I used electrical tape to attach the new wire to the old one and pulled it through the floor and down to the hole through the frame. Plugged the new wire into the motor and tried the slide a couple of times and it worked perfectly. Spray foamed the holes and reinstalled the screws and I was done. I'm not sure what the problem was but replacing the motor and wiring harness seems to have solved the problem, time will tell.

Thanks for the reply Gary. I picked up a new wire harness today and have it connected inside the RV. So far slide is working great but I am going to give it a few days a see if the problem returns. If all goes well I will try your method of running the new harness under the floor. Thanks again !

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gary, where did you get the harness? Was it just for one motor? Or did you get 2 to run both motors? I am looking to get a wiring harness but for both motors.

Thanks.
    John and Lori
    2018 XLT 2.7l
    2021 Imagine 22mle

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ordered the harness from Amazon. Only one of the harnesses was bad the other harness and motor were working correctly.

Hope this helps.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234