User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Meeting Fellow Forum Members at 2022 National Rally

My wife & I are attending the National Rally in Elkhart. It’s our first rally & we would like to meet fellow Forum members. Does anyone know if our name badges will have our Forum User names and or if there are other ways to meet fellow members?

In addition, as I mentioned, it’s our first rally although we’ve been rv owners for almost 18 years traveling about 4 to 6 months a year. What should we prioritize to do during the rally? Are there hands on seminars that will teach me more about my rig? I want to learn more about maintaining Swinteck slides & using my One Control system. I want to understand addressing error messages on the leveling system. And I want to find out more about troubleshooting issues with the powered theatre seats.

And I upgraded to a fairly large solar system & I would like to show others the system & share what I’ve learned & learn more from folks who know more than me.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Ray
    Ray & Flo
    2021 Silverado 3500HD DRW
    2021 Solitude GK345-R
    Morryde IS & Disc Brakes
    Solar System. 8 100 AH Lithium batteries, 12 200 watt panels, Victron 3000 watt inverter, Smart Shunt, Cerbo, & 2 MPPT Charger/Controllers
    Travel 6 months each year

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by USA in a Chevrolet View Post
    My wife & I are attending the National Rally in Elkhart. It’s our first rally & we would like to meet fellow Forum members. Does anyone know if our name badges will have our Forum User names and or if there are other ways to meet fellow members?

In addition, as I mentioned, it’s our first rally although we’ve been rv owners for almost 18 years traveling about 4 to 6 months a year. What should we prioritize to do during the rally? Are there hands on seminars that will teach me more about my rig? I want to learn more about maintaining Swinteck slides & using my One Control system. I want to understand addressing error messages on the leveling system. And I want to find out more about troubleshooting issues with the powered theatre seats.

And I upgraded to a fairly large solar system & I would like to show others the system & share what I’ve learned & learn more from folks who know more than me.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Ray
    Ray, when we were there in 2019 there were name tags but w/o the Forum name. That was something many of us had suggested to include but no go. It would be a helpful item, for sure. Some folks added Forum name to their personal name tags and the sign hanging on your RV.

There are many seminars covering many topics. GDRV folks/service team members will also be available to educate/fix/etc. items as may be needed.

Marcy and Gary @WhittleBurner are long time active National Rally volunteers who can share more. There are also new National Rally Wagonmasters this year, but I do not recall who.....Marcy will know.

Thanks, in advance Marcy and Gary !

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As Dan mentioned, we have been to every rally for GD as volunteers. Forum names were done at the first rally. I see no reason why you could'nt write it on your tag or you just have to ask if any individual is on the mygrandrv forum. OR as it get closer we can create a where are you thread where people here attending could post their section and site after they are parked.

Lippert usually sets up right across from where we park (if we get the same spot) you will be able to pick their brains or talk about warranty issues or buy something new.

What to prioritize is such an individual thing, but think you just did so in mentioning Schwintek and One Comtrol. Both should be covered in a Lippert presentation. There was a solar session last year, I'm not sure what is being covered this time out, the new wagonmaster hasn't shared that with us as voulnteers yet. But there is still time for that to happen, lots of things to track as a wagonmaster. Another important thing to do is to patronize the vendors that appear at the rally, that is what keeps them coming back. I'll do a shameless plug for G&L rv specialties who full time, they are great people to do business with and have been vendors at our rally since the very first one.

Ask away if you have any more questions. Looking forward to meeting up at the rally!
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are going to the FMCA rally the week before the GD Rally. They just sent an email announcing that they will have a first-timers lounge... a place where first-timers and mentors can connect. Good idea!

This will be our first time also. I hope to meet some of you all.

-B
    Fulltime RVer since 4/2016. Newmar Mountain Aire 4523 - Jeep Rubicon JKU - Harley FLTRU
    2022 F450 Platinum, 2022 Momentum 351MS-R with Curt Flex Air hitch and MORryde IS
    Also considering a Polaris General XP 1000 4 Seater and a Can Am Spyder RT Limited

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BrokeDown View Post
    We are going to the FMCA rally the week before the GD Rally. They just sent an email announcing that they will have a first-timers lounge... a place where first-timers and mentors can connect. Good idea!

This will be our first time also. I hope to meet some of you all.

-B
    There is a first timer orientation scheduled for the 29th at 3:00 followed by an ice cream social
    If you haven't looked at the schedule yet, it
    is posted on the Rally web page
    Marcy & Gary
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    There is a first timer orientation scheduled for the 29th at 3:00 followed by an ice cream social
    If you haven't looked at the schedule yet, it
    is posted on the Rally web page
    Cool, thanks for the link.
    Fulltime RVer since 4/2016. Newmar Mountain Aire 4523 - Jeep Rubicon JKU - Harley FLTRU
    2022 F450 Platinum, 2022 Momentum 351MS-R with Curt Flex Air hitch and MORryde IS
    Also considering a Polaris General XP 1000 4 Seater and a Can Am Spyder RT Limited

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello to all 3 of you hahaha, we are also attending and this will be our first National rally. We are also hosting section L this year, yeah we dive right in head first. really looking forward to meeting a ton of people. We have met life long friends that we look forward to camping with every year at the Mid-tlantic rally and have even started a New England Rally. This is a pretty awesome group of people.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are here in Goshen, prep under way. The swag bags we put together have some nice goodies for the attendees...see ya soon!

We are in Section A , site 451 all the way at the far end facing the gate 7 driveway
    Marcy & Gary
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    We will be in H30. Love to see others mods on their rigs & show you all of our mods. Look for Solitude 345GK-R with our sign hanging from pin box. Ray & Flo.
    Ray & Flo
    2021 Silverado 3500HD DRW
    2021 Solitude GK345-R
    Morryde IS & Disc Brakes
    Solar System. 8 100 AH Lithium batteries, 12 200 watt panels, Victron 3000 watt inverter, Smart Shunt, Cerbo, & 2 MPPT Charger/Controllers
    Travel 6 months each year

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm selling 50/50 (have sold at each rally) Say hi if I bug any of you at your table, Im always dressed in tickets while selling
    Marcy & Gary
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast