User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moonshoxx View Post
    Folks this has probably been asked but I am a newbie here. Looking at imagine xls 23lde. Like the Andersen hitch due to light weight and ease of setup. However I have started seeing issues with frame deformation and movement of brackets. Any insight would be helpful and appreciated
    We're starting our second year of pulling our 337RLS with the Anderson in back of the F350. Our truck has the spray-in bed treatment and we never noticed slippage but I imagine it could happen! I also use a 3/8" horse stall pad under the Anderson which gives it extra traction (and that little smidgeon of extra height I need for clearance ... the 4x4 version of trucks sit up a little higher than "standard" trucks.)

When we were getting into this and looking at hitch systems we found just as many failures of the standard puck-type hitches as with the Anderson. What REALLY won us over was that I, a sixty mumbledy-mumble year-old man can put the hitch in and out without calling my boys to help.
    Pam and Doug
    2017 F350 (the Dragon) with 2015 GD Ref 337RLS (the Dragon's Tail)

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We’re first time 5th wheelers and full time RVing for 10 months now. No problems with AUH in over 5,000 miles. The only problem was our GD dealer didn’t have experience installing that brand and he didn’t have the funnel facing the right direction, or have the ball at proper height for my truck bed clearances. Backing it in to driveway after bringing our brand new 310GK home, the Moreryde king pin housing gouged my truck rail. But they made good on I it by reimbursing for damage. I’m also 60+ and love the ease of removing/installing and the light weight allows for more payload. I bought Andersen’s rubber mat to go between frame and bed as well as their safety chains.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My mods

A couple of mods with explanation ....
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/WbYBBtqkMLL7m2R17

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a little more info...
    .https://photos.app.goo.gl/wRTLJX8s4nQenZuZ9

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Myself and several friends use the AUH. I've pulled my 394 Momentum for 3 years now with absolutely no problems. Trailer weight is always in excess of 17k, fully loaded nearing 20k. A close friend just bought a 2022 395. He used the AUH to pull his last trailer and is using it with his 395 also. I don't know anyone who has had issues...only heard the few that people show online.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe the OP is looking at the bumper pull WDH Andersen hitch, not the fifth wheel AUH. I have almost equal experience with each of them.

We used the WDH on a Heatland TT that weighed 6,000 lbs. We towed over 15K miles behind a Ford Expedition EL. IMO it was just enough hitch for that weight with a 25’ trailer. It was easy and reliable, but I chased sway issues for two years. The final fix was upgrading to LT tires on the truck.

Whenever I researched on forums, the happiest owners all had 3/4 ton trucks.

Best regards,
    Chris
    2020 Solitude 310GK FBP
    2019 Ford F350 SRW CCSB AUH
    Former Rig - 2013 North Trail FBS22
    2013 Expedition EL

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Beware the square tube coupler! After 2 ‘seasons’ - about 20,000 km, I noticed some metal shavings in the truck bed and disassembled the hitch. The 2 set screws had worn almost completely through the square tube coupler. Don’t want to think about what would have happened had I not caught this.
    Andersen was great. They shipped a replacement part at no charge and I had it in less than a week after contacting them.
    Love the hitch. I encourage everyone to regularly inspect. You cannot see the wear point unless you take it apart (a very simple task).

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PJOB View Post
    Beware the square tube coupler! After 2 ‘seasons’ - about 20,000 km, I noticed some metal shavings in the truck bed and disassembled the hitch. The 2 set screws had worn almost completely through the square tube coupler. Don’t want to think about what would have happened had I not caught this.
    Andersen was great. They shipped a replacement part at no charge and I had it in less than a week after contacting them.
    Love the hitch. I encourage everyone to regularly inspect. You cannot see the wear point unless you take it apart (a very simple task).
    Interesting post but. I can't for the life of me figure out what you're referring to. The metal shavings in the truck bed is what is throwing me off.
    2020 Imagine 2450RL born 7/2019 Anderson hitch
    2007 Tundra 5.7 with tow package and RAS
    Both retired - still have our S&B
    US Army vet (Air Cav baby!) Gulf war combat veteran

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BobinICT View Post
    Interesting post but. I can't for the life of me figure out what you're referring to. The metal shavings in the truck bed is what is throwing me off.
    He is talking about his Andersen fifth wheel hitch not the WDH the OP is talking about

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    He is talking about his Andersen fifth wheel hitch not the WDH the OP is talking about

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    Thanks. I kind of thought so.
    2020 Imagine 2450RL born 7/2019 Anderson hitch
    2007 Tundra 5.7 with tow package and RAS
    Both retired - still have our S&B
    US Army vet (Air Cav baby!) Gulf war combat veteran

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast