User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Problems with Andersen hitch

Folks this has probably been asked but I am a newbie here. Looking at imagine xls 23lde. Like the Andersen hitch due to light weight and ease of setup. However I have started seeing issues with frame deformation and movement of brackets. Any insight would be helpful and appreciated

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been eying that wdh due to its weight. Members on here that have the Anderson seem to love them. I haven't seen or read any of what you mentioned, doesn't mean that it didn't happen. It could be the the brackets were over and under tighten.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems like it has something to also do with frames being thin

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have put about 700 miles on my new Andersen. I will check the brackets tomorrow. I love the feel of the hitch and the tune ability. The set screws take some major torque and I am considering backing them out and drilling into the frame so the nose of the screw seats deeper.
    Randy and Kris

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have almost 3000 miles with our Anderson. Zero issues, easy to hook/unhook. When it was delivered there was one bad bolt but a 3-4 minute call to them and they sent a replacement. I think they offered overnight, but I didn't need it that soon. Gotta love great service after the sale.
    2021 Imagine XLS 22RBE
    2021 Ram 2500 Hemi, Crew Cab Short Bed
    2-206 AH SOK Batteries, Victron MultiPlus 3000VA Inverter, 800 watts solar

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Checked my brackets this morning and no shifting. I still plan to drill a bigger indent to the frame for the Allen set screws. Good luck.
    Randy and Kris

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the insight. Really like this hitch due to light weight

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moonshoxx View Post
    Folks this has probably been asked but I am a newbie here. Looking at imagine xls 23lde. Like the Andersen hitch due to light weight and ease of setup. However I have started seeing issues with frame deformation and movement of brackets. Any insight would be helpful and appreciated
    We've towed our 2400BH over 4000 miles with the Anderson and the frame hasn't deformed nor have the brackets moved. Our trailer fully loaded for long trips is over 6200 pounds and the Anderson does a great job with weight distribution and sway control. We set it up to have between 6 to 7 threads showing out of the red urethane bushings and that suits the truck and trailer perfectly.

The set screws require a LOT of torque to get them close to the 1 1/2 turns past the point where they first contact the frame but even then they didn't deform the frame. The instances where that happened was likely on a C-channel or a trailer with a thin-wall frame.

We love the Anderson - it solved the problems we had with the Husky Centerline we had before with its heavy head weight (I had back surgery and lifting the Husky was a problem), the noise and my wife's inability to hitch up the trailer due to the Husky's weight and her difficulty in getting the bars on the brackets. The Anderson took care of all of those - and the DW is pleased to be able to hitch the trailer to the Anderson and get us ready to hit the road.

For what it's worth we highly recommend the Anderson.

Bob
    2019 Imagine 2400BH
    Progressive Industries Hardwired EMS, RV Airflow, MicroAir EasyStart, MaxxAir Fan
    2021 Ram 1500 Bighorn EcoDiesel CC short bed
    Anderson Weight Distribution Hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fully loaded, my Solitude runs around 14k+ pounds. On our second year and not a single issue. Takes just a few minutes to install and pull it out. Love mine, but I also don't have anything to compare it to.
    Call Anderson for advice and make sure you get the right model for your truck - they are great and very helpful on the support line.
    Highly recommend AUH.
    Colin & Tracy
    '21 Chevy Silverado 3500HD LTZ/Z71/SRW, Long bed, Anderson UH
    '21 Solitude 310 GK-R

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    GDRV reps were at our local RV dealer this past weekend, we stopped in and looked at the 23LDE, the boss liked the look of the floor plan. The weights are right but as it is an XLS, somethings are definitely smaller. I noticed the front stowage, the ceiling height and the frame rails, including the A frame coupler support all were significantly downsized, IMO. Was the issue you heard about specifically on the XLS series?
    Three years and 8,000Km of towing and my Andersen hasn’t budged.
    Judy & Larry
    Ty and Ali the St Bernard drool machines
    Delta, British Columbia, GWN
    2019 Imagine 2150RB - lovingly christened “IM-A-GENE” towed by Dusty via Andersen 3350.
    2018 F150 SCREW 3.5 EcoBoost Lariat - respectfully christened “Dusty”.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast