User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hulu only lets you change tv's twice a year. My work-around is to use my laptop and feed it to the tv with a HDMI cable.
    2019 F-250 Supercab
    2017 Imagine 2650RK

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, everyone. We "woke up" the Wally again yesterday evening and are going to stick with Dish for TV and our MiFi for streaming other stuff. With Dish, I can use the phone app to change locals when we move. It seems to be the best combination for us at this time.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have been using YouTube TV for several years. When travelling, we also use a Verizon 8800 unlimited plan. YouTube TV does not (last I knew) verify your location as some streaming systems do. It is only to determine which local stations you may receive. I have never changed my location with them and I get everything, just like home, no matter where I am located (in the USA). Using Roku, Computer, Tablets & mobile devices.

I am not promoting YouTube TV, just providing my experience. I did this research when I signed up for this exact reason. As far as I could determine, they are the only service that does not verify location (Prime, Netflix excluded). YMMV
    Rob
    Rob & Kathy
    2019 F350 CCSB SRW, w/Demco Autoslide.
    2019 Solitude 310GK.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    Thanks, everyone. We "woke up" the Wally again yesterday evening and are going to stick with Dish for TV and our MiFi for streaming other stuff. With Dish, I can use the phone app to change locals when we move. It seems to be the best combination for us at this time.

Rob
    Rob, we were Dish customers also but when we bought our Solitude I explored more current options. Here is what I did. Our Solitude came with the Winegard 360 plus antenna which has an omnidirectional tv antenna & antennas under the dome for WIFI & Cellular service. We purchased the Winegard Gateway 1000 which mounts on the ceiling in the bedroom directly underneath the dome. Our trailer was prepped with provisions to mount it. The Gateway has antennas to transmit the cellular & WiFi signal through out the trailer. Winegard offers cellular data service for about $70 a month but we were able to get a SIM card from our cellular company, AT&T for unlimited data at $20 a month. Then I purchased a TiVo with lifetime service so I had a program guide & can record OTA tv broadcasts. The TCL tv in the trailer is set up for streaming & we use it occasionally. Most areas we get a fairly large number of OTA channels.
    Ray & Flo
    2021 Silverado 3500HD DRW
    2021 Solitude GK345-R
    Morryde IS & Disc Brakes
    Solar System. 8 100 AH Lithium batteries, 12 200 watt panels, Victron 3000 watt inverter, Smart Shunt, Cerbo, & 2 MPPT Charger/Controllers
    Travel 6 months each year

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Moon Shadow_1911,

2-way coax splitters introduce 3-3.5 db attenuation but in-line spices, if properly tightened with a quality cable and connector may only introduce .5db insertion loss. It is all frequency dependent but that is your average for RF from .5 to 900 mhz. And yes, there are splitters in most systems, buried in the walls and basements.
    For satellite, make a dedicated run if you cannot get it to play through the in-house wiring. You'll be glad you did and so will your satellite receiver.
    Last edited by Swbailey; 06-15-2022 at 08:05 PM. Reason: add greeting

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swbailey View Post
    Moon Shadow_1911,

2-way coax splitters introduce 3-3.5 db attenuation but in-line spices, if properly tightened with a quality cable and connector may only introduce .5db insertion loss. It is all frequency dependent but that is your average for RF from .5 to 900 mhz. And yes, there are splitters in most systems, buried in the walls and basements.
    For satellite, make a dedicated run if you cannot get it to play through the in-house wiring. You'll be glad you did and so will your satellite receiver.
    To address a subject that might confuse non-technical readers, a loss of 3dB means a loss of half the signal. A much bigger deal than it might sound like.
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12