User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    Don't forget if you lubricate the threads, with something like Anti-Seize, you should reduce the torque values by about 15%. I used to use anti-seize, but I've not come across a rusted/corroded bolt in many years, so I generally don't bother anymore.
    Very interesting as I just watched the latest video on restoration of Avro Lancaster NX611 Just Jane and adding an anti-corrosion lubricant to the bolts on the rear wing spar, they increase the torque.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajg617 View Post
    Very interesting as I just watched the latest video on restoration of Avro Lancaster NX611 Just Jane and adding an anti-corrosion lubricant to the bolts on the rear wing spar, they increase the torque.
    Well, I wouldn't rely an any other information they provide if they can't get that correct. Always, repeat always, reduce the tightening torque by about 15% if the torque settings are for a dry thread. Increasing the torque is a good way to destroy threads, and or break studs.

Do they explain why they go against established parameters?
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    Well, I wouldn't rely an any other information they provide if they can't get that correct. Always, repeat always, reduce the tightening torque by about 15% if the torque settings are for a dry thread. Increasing the torque is a good way to destroy threads, and or break studs.

Do they explain why they go against established parameters?
    They are restoring it to airworthy condition in GB - caveat, wing being re-built is off another crashed aircraft and will only be used for taxi runs while they restore the airworthy wing. Year 5 of a 10 year resto plan under the auspices of the CAA so who knows. Don't know what the bolts are made of or their hardness. Using Cor-Ban 27L for corrosion inhibition. Just found it interesting. All the charts I've seen say reduce torque up to 25%.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally, I'd go by "All the charts" rather than one U-tube video. People can make mistakes, or be laboring under a misapprehension. A good reason not to believe everything you hear on a U-tube video, but rather "trust, but verify".
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haha. I just saw that. I act my shoe size more than my age..... 😁

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilMcG View Post
    Sorry to ask a question like this, but what is the torque for the lug nuts? My manual says to torque all 8 lug nuts, but I only have 6, so I am not sure how accurate that value is.

Thanks
    This is part of required procedures for hooking up a trailer for delivery from manufacturer to dealer. hope it helps.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image0.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	1.30 MB 
ID:	45909
    Denny & Lorna
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2610ML
    2011 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins Long Bed DRW

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123