User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dometic 13500 BTU (bedroom) A/C not running in Reflection 303RLS

The Bedroom A/C stopped running. My wife has been full timing out of the 2014 Reflection 3030RLS for 3 years while she was in law school in Alabama, so the Unit has seen plenty of use but I haven't found anything in the Heating and A/C forum that quite describes what we are seeing.

The E4 code is in solid on the thermostat and the A/C cycles but he fan does not run. I can hear it motor humming, then the unit cycles off after 30 seconds. Don't know if the motor has burned out and seized from the extended use, or if there is something simpler going on like debris in the fan/squirrel cage. Going down this week to take a look and write down the exact part number for what I have. I am going to troubleshoot the wiring connections which some said has caused an E4 code for them, and then get on the roof to see what the motor and fan look like. Not sure If I am looking at replacing parts or the whole Unit which is readily available online from about $750 on up. That said, getting the 70lb unit to the roof at my age has its challenges.

The RV is in a shaded area and the living room unit is working, so it is manageable for the moment. I have a little time to trouble shoot but it is gonna get hot quick down here.

Thanks in advance.
    In the market for a tow vehicle
    2014 Reflection 303RLS

Just getting started.......

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Look at this old posting. Post #10 may be your solution. https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...-Thermostat-E4

Jerry
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Jerry. The biggest difference I am seeing between the post/topic you referenced and my issue is that my A/C is NOT working. The fan/motor is not running but appears to just humm. The control board brings in a 5th possible cause for the symptoms, hence my request for some help. I believe I can replace any of the parts myself but I would hate to replace all of them only to find out it was the last item I replaced.
    In the market for a tow vehicle
    2014 Reflection 303RLS

Just getting started.......

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Give these guys a call.

Capacitors failing are a cheap and easy try. Cheap means they fail regularly and a start up cap may be at fault. Wiring check for corroded connections up top is also an easy check. Clean the connections and tighten spade connectors if so equipped.

Good luck.
    Randy and Kris