User Tag List

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How Many Pull a 2600RB With an F150

We are still looking at new campers. Wondering where the limit is for the new F150 as the 2600RB nears the tow and payload limit for a fully loaded Limited, King Ranch and Platinum. Which weight distribution hitch are you finding works best. How are you spreading "stuff" (tools, supplies, food, water, etc) throughout the trailer when towing as there seems to be a lot of room inside to haul grills, Dish antenna, lawn chairs, etc. Just wanting to hear your take on experiences towing the 2600RB with the newer F150 pickup. Thanks for your insight.

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rather than ask who's doing it (many will pull trailers too big for their trucks), give us the numbers off your truck's door sticker (GVWR, GRAWR) and a scale weight for your truck with passengers and gear from the nearest CAT scale and we can better advise you. In the meantime, read through this thread:

https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...ing-Capability

and play around with this calculator:

https://changingears.com/weight-calc...ht-calculator/

(scroll down a ways to get to the calculator)

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like OP has already considered weights and that’s why he’s asking. Definitely look at the GVWR and rear GAWR numbers. But it’s useful information to hear what others are doing. There’s a lot more to setting up a good towing combination that just being within weights.
    2022 Reflection 150 278BH
    2023 Silverado 2500HD Gas
    “If you like how it tows, don’t change anything.”

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I pull one with my f150 3.5eco. No problems pulls well. My wdh is a blue ox pro. I plan on replacing the tires when I get back to a set of LT Nittos.
    I also have a memory foam mattress and another battery and inflatable canoe up front on the tongue.
    Last edited by Bags4266; 06-12-2022 at 12:07 AM.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I pull a 2670MK, which is near the same in size/weight.

To determine what version of an F-150 would work:
    1. Look up the GVWR of the proposed trailer. Calculate what 13% of that number will be. This will be the highest amount of tongue weight your trailer will ever be (if you don't overload). It is a pretty "fat" number, that you likely will never get to, but gives you a good safety margin.
    2. Check the receiver capacity. Usually a sticker on the bottom of the receiver. Go by the Weight Distributing Hitch amount. If the amount above is too high, you can "fudge" down, see the comments in the next step.
    3. Check the published payload weight, or better via the door sticker, of the truck you are interested in. Add together: TW calculated above, proposed hitch weight, all passenger weight (including dogs), estimates for anything added after it came off the assembly line (bed liners, caps, running boards, floor mats, tools, firewood, generators, french fries, other stuff you want in the truck, etc., etc.). Subtract 150lbs Ford counts in its limit as being the driver weight. See if this number is higher than payload allowed. This is where most buyers get caught. Because the est. TW is "fat" you do have room if close - your trailer will likely not be at GVWR, and the TW may not be near the 13% (below 11.5%-12% is bad, as sway becomes a serious issue). But up to you as to how close to cut it.
    4. Glace at the towing capacity - can it pull the GVWR of the trailer. They always can.

Consider equipping the truck with the Ford "Heavy Duty Payload" package (not to be confused with the various "Towing" packages). Has to be ordered, and limits the configuration choices available. Increases the payload availability greatly, better/bigger tires. better cooling, etc.
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just to clear up, we have only ordered the truck so no yellow door sticker yet. In fact the window sticker may still be a few days out as the production date is June 20. It's a fairly fully loaded Platinum 145" wb, Max Tow Package, 3.5 EcoBoost, 4x2, 3.55. I suspect the payload may be short but expect sticker to read ~1500#payload, tow capacity 14k w/WDH. Just wondering how others with a similar truck are loading out with real numbers on the truck hitch while pulling the 2600RB. I've finally figured out how the better weight distribution hitches redistribute and move back the trailer hitch weigh point.

I was seriously wanting the heavy duty payload package, but not available on KR, Plat, or Limited trim. Mama has to have her comfort.
    Last edited by masterdrago; 06-12-2022 at 11:16 PM.