User Tag List

Thread: We Did It!

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We Did It!

Well, today is a momentous day for sure-we signed the paperwork to purchase our new to us 2021 GD Reflection 310RLS. The rig is in great condition and super clean, but we're going to get it inspected anyway. Any advice on choosing an inspector? I'm looking at the NRVIA list of inspectors in my area, looking at their websites, etc., but is there anything specific we should ask or be aware of (other than pricing) when hiring an inspector?

On a side note, I'm assuming we should purchase an extended warranty. Any advice on that is also greatly appreciated!

TIA!
    Last edited by utex1983; 06-11-2022 at 03:29 PM.
    Mark & Lisa, Spring Branch, TX
    Fur babies Sadie & Addy
    2021 Reflection 310RLS (aka Beauty)
    2021 Ram 3500 Laramie Dually (aka Beast)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I personally feel the extended warranties are a scam. They're expensive and you will most likely have to fight them on any and every repair, and use the "recommended" repair facility. I would suggest putting the amount of money you would spend on the warranty into an account for repairs and use it for any large repairs that may come up.

Congratulations on the new rig!
    2021 Reflection 340RDS
    2022 Ram 3500 Big Horn/CCSB//4X4/SRW/HEMI/4:10
    2019 Imagine 2250RK~Sold

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by utex1983 View Post
    Well, today is a momentous day for sure-we signed the paperwork to purchase our new to us 2021 GD Reflection 310RLS. The rig is in great condition and super clean, but we're going to get it inspected anyway. Any advice on choosing an inspector? I'm looking at the NRVIA list of inspectors in my area, looking at their websites, etc., but is there anything specific we should ask or be aware of (other than pricing) when hiring an inspector?

On a side note, I'm assuming we should purchase an extended warranty. Any advice on that is also greatly appreciated!

TIA!
    Congratulations on the new coach, and welcome to the forum. The inspection sounds like a more reliable option than the extended warranty.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    JMO, but put the money you would spend on an extended warranty in the bank. There are so many loopholes and fine print, that you're unlikely to ever get your money's worth out of it. JMO of course.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S