Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Ge ac

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ge ac

I purchased a 2021 RLTS 315 and have used it about 3 months with very few problems. I did have to get a new Furrion Micro Wave which I changed out just yesterday but thankfully it was covered by warranty. While changing it out I noticed that the LR AC made by GE was not working. Fan would blow continuously but compressor would not kick on. The AC in the bedroom worked fine and cycled as expected and it also is a GE AC. Anyone have a similar problem with maybe a quick fix as I will call GD/GE tomorrow morning. Had good voltage 117-120 when looking at meter so I assume it is not an electrical supply problem with the BR AC working as it was designed to. Tia

Fireside Member RazorbackRollin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 22mle 2021 it was fitted with a 2019 ge AC the compressor failed I think they had a bad run on compressor for that build date because I've seen dozens and dozens of complaints. However GD and GE have stood behind the product. So far the replacement a 2021 build date has preformed well. Sorry for your trouble.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks and I will be making some phone calls in the morning.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Go thru GD they set it all up thru my dealer. Except for the 5 hour drive to the dealership it was pretty easy.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorbackRollin View Post
    Go thru GD they set it all up thru my dealer. Except for the 5 hour drive to the dealership it was pretty easy.
    Did they have a replacement pretty quickly and was it replaced with another GE AC ? I to have to travel about 3 hours to get to my dealer but I suppose that the install should be pretty quick. Thanks.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregory View Post
    Did they have a replacement pretty quickly and was it replaced with another GE AC ? I to have to travel about 3 hours to get to my dealer but I suppose that the install should be pretty quick. Thanks.
    It took about 3 weeks and a couple of days total once I got the rig onsite. And yes they will only replace apples for apples. But it's a newer version and mine has not been turned off, for better than a month, and so far it works great. Time will tell. Out of 5 RVs this AC does the best job without struggle.
    If it's working ofcourse. 😂 And I received another 2 year warranty. Make sure you get a replacement receipt and papers. I think GE needs and wants this to work it's in their best interest. Best of luck.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got a GE ac and it's blowing 70 deg air. Compressor runs but only drawing about 8amps and my tech says we need a new unit because the refrigerant has leaked out. Worked great for 4-5 months last year but not now. It's still under warranty so that's good but it'll take a while to get the unit replaced. The dealer says September before he can get to it. I've found a mobile repair guy to do it sooner. He says they've had a run on GEs losing refrigerant. It cooled very well when it worked last year. Very disappointed, hopefully the replacement unit doesn't lose refrigerant!
    Glad your problem is solved, wish me luck with my GE.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickslick View Post
    I've got a GE ac and it's blowing 70 deg air. Compressor runs but only drawing about 8amps and my tech says we need a new unit because the refrigerant has leaked out. Worked great for 4-5 months last year but not now. It's still under warranty so that's good but it'll take a while to get the unit replaced. The dealer says September before he can get to it. I've found a mobile repair guy to do it sooner. He says they've had a run on GEs losing refrigerant. It cooled very well when it worked last year. Very disappointed, hopefully the replacement unit doesn't lose refrigerant!
    Glad your problem is solved, wish me luck with my GE.
    Good luck be sure and get GD approval for the mobile repair. I bet it will be no issue but make sure for further issues they approve.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ge ac

Quote Originally Posted by RazorbackRollin View Post
    Good luck be sure and get GD approval for the mobile repair. I bet it will be no issue but make sure for further issues they approve.
    Let me add that when talking to GE they need the Model number and Serial number off of the GE AC. After removing the shroud I then realized that one can view all information needed through the vent openings on the shroud without removing it. This seems to be how I roll......

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregory View Post
    Let me add that when talking to GE they need the Model number and Serial number off of the GE AC. After removing the shroud I then realized that one can view all information needed through the vent openings on the shroud without removing it. This seems to be how I roll......
    Yes sir and it's also on a sticker on the front of your paperwork but look now you know how to take the shroud off..😎 don't feel too bad I do that kind of stuff all the time. We're going out this week and it's going to be really hot I hope mine works well.