User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Replacement bedroom door/flooring

Hey guys, I’m in need of a new bedroom door for my momentum and flooring as well.
    Is the door something I can just order from grand design?
    Also I’m going to pull the carpet and lay LVP in the bedroom. It’s the only area of the trailer that has carpet, the rest Is the vinyl sheet. But with our 2 huskies, we’d just prefer something easier to vacuum.
    Our bed slides from the driver side of the trailer in and out, am I biting more than I can chew with lvp? My concern is it buckling under the bed slide motion.
    Our pup had a little mishap and scratched the door up and ruined some of the carpet.
    Thanks for the help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by the.jmo; 06-12-2022 at 08:23 PM.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never mind guys.
    Grand design has a great parts lookup on their site. I found the door and part number.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the.jmo View Post
    ...Also I’m going to pull the carpet and lay LVP in the bedroom...

If/when you do the LVP please post up how it goes... Thinking of doing the same.

I have LVP in my house and it's great stuff. I don't think there is any way it will buckle. It's fairly thick and rigid. It should work great.

My hesitation is the whole bed in the way thing
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JCR GD View Post
    If/when you do the LVP please post up how it goes... Thinking of doing the same.

I have LVP in my house and it's great stuff. I don't think there is any way it will buckle. It's fairly thick and rigid. It should work great.

My hesitation is the whole bed in the way thing
    That’s my thing, is if the bed sliding in/out across it will cause the planks to buckle if they catch the slightest snag.

I might have some free time in the next week or 2 and I’ll see if me and a buddy can knock it out. I’ll post up what I find, and how it goes

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The LVP fits very tight and smooth. Should be no snagging. My concern is how to get the bed out of the way to lay the floor. Looking forward to your report.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the.jmo

Did you ever do anything with the bedroom floor?... getting ready to do mine. Thanks
    Jim (& Sharon)
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the.jmo

Did you ever do anything with the bedroom floor?... getting ready to do mine. Thanks
    I haven’t yet. It’s been a very busy summer and life has gotten in the way, unfortunately. I do have the floors though and just need to get in gear.
    I’ll remove the dresser, and as far as the bed goes. I think I’m just going to try and get a few inches of flooring under the base and see how it goes. Which is my concern of the slide snagging or not, because the bed is in that slide. Hopefully it all lays very flat and is a non issue.
    I have the floors. They fit very nice, I actually used the same ones in my fathers condo that we are renovating for him right now.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got enthusiastic today (81 deg instead of 110+) so I pulled up most of the carpet and pad. It came out from under the slide fairly easy. There is a split loom covered wire behind the slide on the floor but not a problem. Some carpet staples along the back under the slide but was able to pull them with the slide in about a foot. There are two rollers right behind the ottoman drawer on the main slide and two on the ottoman drawer.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got enthusiastic today (81 deg instead of 110+) so I pulled up most of the carpet and pad. It came out from under the slide fairly easy. There is a split loom covered wire behind the slide on the floor but not a problem. Some carpet staples along the back under the slide but was able to pull them with the slide in about a foot. There are two rollers right behind the ottoman drawer on the main slide and two on the ottoman drawer.
    Jim - hope you had a sweater on lol ! You may be the first to post on this on a vintage Momentum. Trust vinyl is what you plan to install ?

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canyonlight View Post
    Jim - hope you had a sweater on lol ! You may be the first to post on this on a vintage Momentum. Trust vinyl is what you plan to install ?

Dan
    Hey Dan,

yes, LVP that just went up 75c a square foot since I looked at it a couple weeks ago I think I found a style/color that will compliment the existing vinyl in the kit/living rm and the wood work in the bedroom. Lighter than what is in my house but should look good. I'll probably run it into the bathroom as well. I always need to make projects more complicated!
    Jim (& Sharon)
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast