User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyT View Post
    I'm a little confused... the way this is shown on Amazon, it isn't welded to the frame? It just mounts around the bumper? It isn't frame mounted? I've been trying to read about this topic because I need to solve it correctly. I have a hitch-mounted bike carrier already, it is RV-rated. Now I need a hitch to mount it on. And it seems I've got to attach that to the frame, not them bumper.

Are you saying this model is OK, despite not being attached to the frame?
    You should use the quote feature as I have done to indicate who you are replying to

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    We have used this model for seven years (full-time and tens of thousands of miles) without any issues at all:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Rob
    I'm a little confused... the way this is shown on Amazon, it isn't welded to the frame? It just mounts around the bumper? It isn't frame mounted? I've been trying to read about this topic because I need to solve it correctly. I have a hitch-mounted bike carrier already, it is RV-rated. Now I need a hitch to mount it on. And it seems I've got to attach that to the frame, not them bumper.

JohnnyT
    2022 Imagine 2600RB
    2018 Land Rover Discovery (people are amazed it can tow -- it does a great job!)
    Security System: Lincoln & Brian

I've been all over, but
    will limit my map to where I've RV'd

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyT View Post

That is confusing - sorry. You throw the clamp-on mount away and use the rack in a 2" receiver welded to the frame. I forgot that it was illustrated that way.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If your looking for a simple bike rack that fits on any trailer, the Lipper "Jack it" mounts under the tongue jack. We loves ours and will move it to the new trailer.

https://store.lci1.com/jack-it-doubl.../dp/B01MYRM7MM
    2022 Momentum 25G (aka "Baby Mo")
    2020 Ram 3500 Laramie SRW | 6.7 HO Aisin | 6’4” bed | 3.73 gears | air suspension | 3694# Payload
    Blog Post: 1500 Pickup’s and Towing - The REAL numbers with example
    Blog Post: 2016-2018 Imagine 2800BH - 3500 lb Axles Tire Rubbing Issues

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have an Imagine XLS, but I imagine the Transcend is about the same with a rear bumper that is rated to handle 150# maximum load. So we needed to relocate the spare tire to the truck bed to mount the rack and bike(s).
    Roger & Leonard
    Imagine XLS 21BHE / RAM 1500 5.7L

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Copy at your own risk. We have 2 light regular bikes on a RV rated Swagman 2 bike rack on a bumper mount mounted on top of the bumper. We installed the safety strut and use the screw in safety pin the reduces a lot of the rack movement. I also ratchet strap the top of the vertical rack pole back diagonally to each side of the RV frame where the bumper is welding. This reduces back and forth and side to side stress on the bumper. The spare is still on the bumper. I also use a cable lock back to the RV. So if something was to let go, it would just drag behind the RV. We're going on 10,000 km with this setup without any issues and we've hit some rough roads. When we stop, verifying the bike rack is part of my checkup. YMMV and copy at your own risk.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pfundheller View Post
    We are in the process of purchasing a Transcend 255FK.
    Our bike rack is the 1 1/4" receiver style mount.
    We would like to leave the spare tire rack on the rear bumper but believe that adding the bikes and rack would certainly over stress
    the bumper. We are wondering what other Trancend owners have done to accommodate a bike rack. Commentary as well as pictures would be appreciated.
    I bought one of these and installed it on my Solitude. The Solitude has a wider than normal frame but this hitch is adjustable for width and worked fine. To beef it up I welded the ends in once I had the width set right. It was a bear to drill the large bolt holes through the frame rails but I got it done. It's a 2" receiver that sits under the square bumper tube.

https://www.amazon.ca/Stromberg-Carl.../dp/B07F4N7CMY
    Tom and Jan
    Surrey BC Canada
    2017 Solitude 310GK, new to us Nov. 2020
    2021 F350

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12