User Tag List

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All entrances to Yellowstone National Park CLOSED temporarily

All entrances to Yellowstone National Park CLOSED temporarily due to heavy flooding, rockslides, extremely hazardous conditions:

https://www.nps.gov/yell/learn/news/220613.htm
    2020 Reflection 273MK

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's unfortunate, we are scheduled to be there 6/22 but staying outside the park on the west side in ID. Some of the videos I've seen it will take months if not a year to repair and get some areas of the park back open and accessible. Whole sections of roads washed away, bridges washed away and gone. We were reevaluating our travels. I called our campground in Island Park ID and they said they were fine there is still plenty of things to do in the area. I've been on the MT, ID and WY road closure web sites and our route is clear to get to Island Park. So we are going anyway and enjoy what areas we can. Our reservations are all lined up and confirmed for our whole trip and trying to change them would have a ripple effect.
    Last edited by Steven@147; 06-14-2022 at 08:04 AM.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Years ago we visited Mack's Playhouse in Island Park when we ran a caravan through that area. It was a dinner show. Mack's closed but now appears to have reopened as the Yellowstone Playhouse. It might be worth checking out.

Mesa Falls Scenic Byway was on my list a few years back but we didn't make it there. Maybe another choice.

Sawtelle Peak might be another interesting ride if you are into a bit of off-roading. A number of our caravaners went there and said it was nice. I suppose that is one more reason for us to get back there.

Too bad about the closures in Yellowstone. I've seen the videos of the house that fell into the Gardner River. All that seems north of Yellowstone tho so not sure what is going on at the other entrances.

Safe travels.....
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This will be our first trip to Yellowstone and I am having a little trouble wrapping my mind around coordinating the gov site postings of town, road closures and the damage videos I've seen with maps I have of the area. The maps don't show the towns they are talking about, at least I can't find them. But I'll get it figured out. I'm sure we will get some visitors maps once we get to Island Park and the town of Yellowstone.

I could be wrong but it doesn't sound like the West entrance and the west side is as bad as the North or South. We are hoping they will reopen the West entrance and we can drive on Grand Loop Road as far South as Old Faithfull at least. It's about a week till we get there, hope the rains let up..
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel