User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Yet another mods thread - This time 2022 Momentum 25G

Now that most of the paperwork is out of the way and we'll soon be trading in our 2800BH for a nice new 2022 Momentum 25G, it's time to start the mods thread and keep track of some other items I've learned.

New for 2022 that I have found so far:
    - New Gas Pump Controls in the same compartment as the hose
    - 270 degree rear and fuel door lighting
    - Lithium Compatible Power Center (WF-8955-AD), may have been on earlier years too
    - Mo-Secure bracket (the welded tab on the frame for bolting toys to)

Still be a few weeks till we take delivery but here is the list so far (special thanks to Terry for his awesome 29G thread):

1. Nautilus Retractable Shower Door
    - We had this on our 2800BH and loved it, the curtains are one of the things that nearly killed the deal on the G series amazingly enough until I found Terry's thread. The 25G has a piece of wood near the top so we have to go with a 35 inch wide by 64 inch tall door. This is actually the same size as what is in our 2800BH though the design seems to have changed.

2. MORryde Heavy Duty Greaseable Shackle Kit
    - Also had this on the 2800BH, loved it. Wow did it quiet down the suspension.

3. MORryde CRE-3000 Suspension (CRE2-33)
    - Had this on the 2800BH but the 35 inch version, again world of difference in toying.

4. MORryde Step-Above Solid Steps (STP-207) with Motion Lights
    - Always wanted these so now will put them on the new trailer. Jury is still out on the lights as I think they are battery powered but will see on reviews.

5. MORryde Under Step Toolbox
    - The G series are desperately low on storage space so this gives a place for the Anderson levellers etc.

6. Mopeka Propane Tank Sensors
    - Will move them over from the 2800BH, won't live without them

7. Levelmate Pro
    - Will move over from the 2800BH, so handy for the Anderson Levellers

8. Diamond Kote - Ceramic Coating
    - Everyone raves about it and since this is a much smaller trailer than our future 5th wheel, cheaper to test it on to see if it is worth it later on.

9. Replace outdoor kitchen stove with a Griddle
    - This one will take some thinking (likely a slideout) but I hate the coleman style cooktops, never even used the one on our 2800BH, it's still new with paper wrapping.

10. Water Drip Moulding over outdoor Kitchen
    - I've seen a metal moulding over other cargo doors so will see if I can find something that will work. The 25G has a huge design flaw where the awning does not extend over the outdoor kitchen.

11. Portable wheel chock for Motorcycle (BMW R1200RT)
    - Seen a number of these (Condor etc), will search around

12. Portable winch for loading bikes
    - Will see if we need this or not but since you sit so high on a sport tourer it might be really hard to load via a ramp. Will likely need it to load a second bike in backwards (slideout gets in the way of having two bikes side by side with large front fairings). Will surf around for a better model than the Warn Pullzal (It does not have free spooling or a remote control).

13. Victron BMV-712 Battery Monitor
    - Huge victron user and fan, so this will be going in right away

14. Renogy 12v Lithium Battery
    - Again user of this battery in my house, prefer Battleborn or others but they are almost double the price of the Renogy.

15. Victron MPPT
    - Swap out whatever I find in the trailer, I suspect Magnum Energy or Furrion

16. Victron Multiplus II (2000)
    - Also swap out whatever I find in the trailer, suspect Magnum Energy again

17. Mattress Topper
    - Move ours over from our 2800BH, those stock mattresses are oh so much fun

18. Oxygenics Shower Head
    - Again move over from 2800BH

19. LED underbody lighting
    - Like how Terry's turned out, will see about mine

20. Weight Safe Weight Distribution Hitch

UBIQUITI NSM2 NanoStation M2
    - Used to pull in weak campground WiFi etc.

I'm sure there will be many more to come.

Cheers
    Tim

Last edited by Thorvald; 06-13-2022 at 04:24 PM.
    2022 Momentum 25G (aka "Baby Mo")
    2020 Ram 3500 Laramie SRW | 6.7 HO Aisin | 6’4” bed | 3.73 gears | air suspension | 3694# Payload
    Blog Post: 1500 Pickup’s and Towing - The REAL numbers with example
    Blog Post: 2016-2018 Imagine 2800BH - 3500 lb Axles Tire Rubbing Issues

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will address a couple of your items on the list:

#4 The Step-Above Solid Steps, hate 'em, hate 'em, hate 'em. Heavy, awkward to deploy, awkward to adjust which needs to be done about every stop. Some places they won't work until you move the trailer to a favorable spot. Cannot be deployed in tight spaces, think storage and rest stops. IMO they serve no real purpose unless you have balance problems, or have trouble climbing steps.

#6 Mopeka Sensors. We have the auto-switchover propane regulators so have never needed them, so can't comment.

#9 Don't have the outdoor kitchen, but do have a Blackstone griddle which we really like.

#11 We use the Condor chocks and they work extremely well. We've used them on a sport bike: my Honda Interceptor, and Peggy's Silver Wing scooter. That being said, I also have a Harbor Freight roll-in wheel chock in the garage on the bike lift, and it also works very well.

#12 Hmm, portable winch. Not sure about that since I ride the bikes up the ramp. I'm fairly short and cannot flat-foot the Interceptor, but riding it up the ramp isn't a big deal. I also rode my 1986 FJ1200 up the ramp too, but it did sit a bit lower. But putting one in backwards would be a real challenge. If you do it please post back on how it goes. I have been known to raise the front of the trailer a bit to make the angle a bit less. Main thing is to not stop on the way up, get a bit of a run at it, and just go. Also be careful coming down, as the front brake will lock up if used alone and will skid down the ramp, regardless of the "non-skid" ramp surface.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    UBIQUITI NSM2 NanoStation M2
    - Used to pull in weak campground WiFi etc.
    Love to hear more about your installation on this one. I've been a big fan of Ubiquiti products in the past. Have you found a way to install it on 12-volt or USB? I try to avoid the need to turn on the inverter.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I love their wireless products too but I hate their stupid 24v PoE usage. Total non-standard garbage. After installing a couple of large long range camera systems with solar I found a device to power the Ubiquiti stuff from 12v:

Part Number: 2303-TP-DCDC-1224-ND

Made by: Tycon Systems Inc.
    DC/DC CONVERTER 24V 19W

https://www.digikey.ca/en/products/d...-1224/11479575

---

This lets me power their stuff from +12v and still get the 24v PoE they want.

Cheers!
    2020 Ram 3500 Laramie SRW | 6.7 HO Aisin | 6’4” bed | 3.73 gears | air suspension | 3694# Payload

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorvald View Post
    I love their wireless products too but I hate their stupid 24v PoE usage. Total non-standard garbage. After installing a couple of large long range camera systems with solar I found a device to power the Ubiquiti stuff from 12v:

Part Number: 2303-TP-DCDC-1224-ND

Made by: Tycon Systems Inc.
    DC/DC CONVERTER 24V 19W

https://www.digikey.ca/en/products/d...-1224/11479575

---

This lets me power their stuff from +12v and still get the 24v PoE they want.

Cheers!
    Thanks for this, another item to add to my future mod list.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Well we got her home yesterday, what a beast. 1600 lbs tonque weight as picked up (empty basically). Amazed how much the extra width matters when in a driveway, she is a wide load compared to the Imagine.

The new Weighsafe WDH worked well but the instructions are a little lacking. Most other WDH have a nice calculation for tow vehicle ball height, this one just says "1/8" above trailer ball for every 100 pounds of tonque weight"... Well at 1600 that would be 2" above the ball! I'd basically have to flip the drop hitch into the rise position. Then flip it back whenever I put weight in it. No thanks, I'll just put it a little above the ball and see how it tows and weigh the rig later. Otherwise it is a beast of a hitch (100 pound weight it better be lol).

The Solar Charge Controller was the Jaboni... the Bluetooth module wasn't working, messed around with it for a few minutes and the apps, never saw a bluetooth device. Gave up (as I expected I would) and ordered a nice Victron 100/30 MPPT. That along with a SmartShunt should give me a nice setup. The rig came with the large 300W panel so that is handy.

---

I am a highly disappointed in the "grey" cabinets in the bedroom and outdoor kitchen. They looked like painted/stained wood but it turns out it is a "sticker".... peeling in multiple places ugh. Will see about getting a roll of the stuff from GD under warranty to repair.

Shower surround is a mess, all warped and pulling away from the wall. This will be a small challenge to repair. The one if our old trailer was perfect.

Rear Awning did not come with the support legs hidden inside so still need to order those.

---

Now for an interesting one, when they pulled down the rear door it literally poured water out the mounting bolts on the back of the door. So much for Lipperts new weatherproof door... I'll try to dry it out as best as I can and then remove each bolt and seal it one by one.

Generator is a nice to have but holy crap is it a loud one, no way you would run this near a non-friendly neighbor trailer.... the Karen's would come out of the woodwork. I'll still bring my Honda 2000 if I know I need constant generator power (until my solar setup is better). Mostly got the generator for emergencies and resale. May look at various sound proofing to help it though.

The Furrion stove had a nice upgrade, the knobs now glow red when turned on. Our old Furrion (which looked exactly the same) did not do that, only Blue.

Three season doors sealed fairly well, we had a stupid hot day yesterday (basically a Florida day) and even with only one AC on low it kept the trailer bearable and downright comfy after a while compared to out side lol. I see they need a little work to cover up some of the small gaps where the mosquito's etc could get it.

Question for those that have them, does the stock zippered magnet mounted screen work with the three season doors? I.e. just magnet to the door frame to really seal it up at night when sleeping. I'll have to see how that mounts on a trailer without the 3 seasons doors or rig something up myself (or just add more of those long bristle brush seals they use in big gaps).

Looking forward to getting this thing road worthy!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Well the shower repair was quite the project. After removing the plastic rivets on one side (facing bedroom) I found a huge "wad" of silicone that was likely preventing the back corner from tucking tight into the shower pocket corner. Cleaned all that up but the plastic surround is still way too warped. Resorted to plan B!

Ordered plastic Rivets from AP Products (said they were white), when they arrived they turned out to be white alright... Ivory White! Ugh...

Looked around and found Home Depot had some in stock locally! Turned out they were perfect and nice bright white, matched perfectly.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Exceliner white rivets.JPG 
Views:	12 
Size:	65.7 KB 
ID:	41543

---

The other thing I found was the holes made on the assembly line were WAYYYYYY too large for the push pins. Most of them were double drilled (side by side to make a bigger hole) so no way they would hold. I had to add quite a few rivets to get the shower surround to stay reasonably against the wall so now it's 90% good.

---

The Nautilus Shower Door install was also not quite as simple. Since the factory used those plastic rivets on the very edges of the shower surround, it "pulled" in inwards creating a non-flat surface for the double sided tape to adhere. Simple fix, drilled some holes in the wall bracket and used more plastic rivets to ensure it stayed in place and gave the tape some time to bond. No way that is coming off the wall. The roller side of the nautilus was thankfully close enough to flat that the tape did hold a bit. Once they top and bottom brackets were in, it "wedged" in there fairly well and then silicone on all sides should help. Such a nice upgrade compared to the shower curtain.

---

My Thule awning parts arrived from Lippert and the extra supports for the happyjac seats, so that will be part of this weekends work among others. Shipping was crazy quick from Lippert so very impressed there!

Cheers
    Tim

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    My favourite so far is replacing the stock outdoor kitchen stove with a Blackstone Griddle. Princess Auto (Canada's Harbour Freight) had skids of them on sale new (older model, front grease tray) so I snatched one up. Then added an after market lid and swapped over the stove, worked perfectly.

Name:	IMG_0290.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	95.7 KB 
ID:	41799Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0291.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	92.1 KB 
ID:	41800

The griddle is too heavy to keep installed while travelling so I keep that in a griddle bag and install when required.

---

The awning support arms installed almost too easily. One word of advice, arm mounts that go on the body of the trailer itself, don't both with the screws they are far too weak and will snap off when installing. Rivets were much easier.

Now the awning is much better in the wind.

Name:	IMG_0257.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	82.3 KB 
ID:	41802

Name:	IMG_0298.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	98.6 KB 
ID:	41801
    Last edited by Thorvald; 07-14-2022 at 07:56 AM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interestingly enough our mod list for our 31G is almost identical to your's for your 25G! We used the Lippert propane sensors vs the Mopeaka. Same basic thing though. We love the solid steps. Have them on both doors on the 31G. No outdoor kitchen on the 31G but we do love our Blackstone. Haven't done anything to help the wifi but researching now. Here's a link to our mod thread...

https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...gin-on-our-31G
    Last edited by TerryH; 07-14-2022 at 11:24 AM.
    2021 Momentum 31G
    2021 20' Haulmark Edge race trailer
    '17 Ram CCLB 3500 dually 6.7 turbo
    '96 Chevy C3500 CC dually 454
    2019 Honda Talon X
    1985 Honda FL350R Odyssey

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Just a follow up to the outdoor kitchen mod. If we lived in the States we would have bought the Campchef Versa stove so it would be compatible with all our campchef accessories but it’s not CSA approved so cannot ship to Canada, hence the Blackstone as a stop gap measure.

While drooling over the Campchef Versa and Versa 2x today I noticed that the BBQ box is actually compatible with both the 16” stoves and the 14” stoves, you just rotate it. The Versa is a 14” stove so I thought hmm, the blackstone is pretty close in size to the Versa, wonder if it will fit?

Sure enough, the Campchef BBQ box fit perfect and even seems to lock in slightly! Perfect! Now we have a bbq and griddle on board.

Name:	35FD5248-2B01-43D3-B5EA-2C5972C2B0AD.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	1.04 MB 
ID:	42740

Name:	30A9FA6B-F5DB-4B9B-B798-4F4D7E5122A2.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	754.0 KB 
ID:	42741

I suspect the 14” pizza oven would fit as well but we already have the bigger one so I’ll just bring out big P90X stove when we need that one.

Name:	7E30360A-E71D-4F78-9FB4-9E17E114DE24.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	1.10 MB 
ID:	42742

Cheers
    Tim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast